effect rim 39 fit to e46

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Blue_toyz

Club Guest
i have rim e39 18".8.5jjwhat prob and effect if i fit to e46.i plan to change it because for me my car look nice and wide.any sifu here know the effect after.

Blue_toyz;340717 said:
i have rim e39 18".8.5jj

what prob and effect if i fit to e46.

i plan to change it because for me my car look nice and wide.

any sifu here know the effect after.

bro, the center bore sizes are different. I think e39's one is slightly larger. This will cause vibrations at high speed simply because the wheels are not a perfect fit.

Secondly, the offsets are different, so while you may have the 'wide' look, it will definately rub againts your fenders, unless you have widened them (wide body).

If you're looking for the wide/full look, you can always go for 8.5Js and above...just my 2 cents. :)

Blue_toyz;341066 said:
if i still want use the rim.

how to reduce the vibration?
:stupid:

centering cone (or whatever they call it ... ) it's just kind of ring that will fit into the rims so to make it fit into the (smaller) hub.

mine is custom made (all credits goes to vincent hor) but i think there is some who sell it of the shelf also (i guess) since it's available on e-bay :)

Blue_toyz;341356 said:
anyone here know,where to buy the centering cone?

i believe you can ask any tyre shops. even if they dont do it they should know the other who do it.

mine cost RM 50 per piece, so total of 4 is RM 200.

but there is 2 type of cone, one is abs plastics, another is aluminum, you should go for aluminum.

it's known as a hub centric ring or someting, u still need to source our one that fits your car though! What abt the rubbing? you still need to sort that out.

My advise, better use the right rims for your car...so much less hassle and i'm really not sure what other damage can be caused by using rims with wrong offsets.

if you wanna use, your E46 will look like those modded Kancil with the tyres sticking out of the wheelarch..

huhuhu.
i think that of my habit modded
before this i have waja and kancil
both car same style,the tyre sticking out.
the wheel bearing always fault.every year change the wheel bearing.

Top Bottom