Earthquake hits Indonesia

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

xtracooljustin

Club Guest
JAKARTA, Indonesia - A powerful earthquake hit Indonesia on Wednesday 7.14pm, causing buildings to sway in the capital, and authorities issued a tsunami warning.The earthquake had a preliminary magnitude of 7.9, the Indonesian Meteorological Institute said. It said a tsunami alert had been issued.http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Maps/10/105_0.php
105_0.gif
Tremors felt in most highrise in Klang Valley, Johor and Singapore especially.

So it wasn't the Black label :eek: The building really was shaking.....
I was thinking might have been overwork

Yup, it's true. Wifey called and told me that she felt the tremor in Wisma Genting , tables and chairs were slanting to one side, cracks were seen on the walls.

Heard in the radio while driving,,,Alert to stay away from beach's!!! May god bless us........

cheers...THX FOR THE INFO Xtracool.....

jeffreyewe;247219 said:
Yup, it's true. Wifey called and told me that she felt the tremor in Wisma Genting , tables and chairs were slanting to one side, cracks were seen on the walls.
That's what it looks like normally isn't it?? :aetsch:

jeffreyewe;247219 said:

tables and chairs were slanting to one side ???

I know magnitude 4 not even can move my chair but it can wake me up from sleep :eek:

jeffreyewe;247248 said:
heck i know, never experienced it b4...mar!:rolleyes:

you mean that the 'earth never moved" for you. I think you seriously need to change your style or position.:rolleyes: :burnout:

I was rite.....being on 23rd floor - the swaying was quite pronouced.....and I tot i must be overworking cos I felt 'unwell" but when the partition in front me sway......I knew it was an earthquake.

Scary and work continued after that..... :(

jeffreyewe;247219 said:

Hi jeff, ur wifey is with Genting izzit???? Hmm, maybe someone I know?

Already left office that time. But noticed some minor cracks at certain parts of my office building this morning.

What time you felt the earthquake?
I am working at Wisma Genting too but never felt anything.
I was here as early as 7.30 am.
Could it be before that?

DevilFan;247376 said:
What time you felt the earthquake?
I am working at Wisma Genting too but never felt anything.
I was here as early as 7.30 am.
Could it be before that?

dude, it happen on the 12th Sept 2007. Time is 7:14 P.M.

Top Bottom