E93 320i price?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tomgadgets

Club Guest
Hi All Sifu,Saw a 2007 E93 320i for sale at around RM280 with 40K km for RM280K, is it a good price or is it a bit high?Itching to switch my E90 for E93... :)Thanks in advanced!!!Tom

Authorize dealers (like AB, SA, IA, QA) do not bring E93 320i here in Malaysia. So most probably we won't know the exact price.

E93 320 could be N46B20 or N43B20 O1. N46 is port injection & N43 is direct injection.

Lastly, it is not advisable to buy E93 320 as it is really underpower. It is heavier than E92 by 235kg.

Bro tomgadgets, there's no value to having a convertible here. All negatives. The thrill lasts for a very short while, then the negatives take over.

- Not value for money
- Heavy and slow
- Weather not suitable
- Air quality not suitable
- Insulation poor
- Security poor
- Safety poor
- Resale value poor

I concur with what bro schwepps said. sumore for 2nd hand, it's darn expensive....

If that's the case then go for E92 320i. It is almost the same as your budget (brand new E92 320i OTR is RM 289k) or strech your budget a little for more powerful car, E90 325i....racunnn :p

For the E93 320i, it is a UK spec hence should be N43B20's 170HP direct fuel injection as far as I know. Do you think it is still slow? I drove a 120i cabrio at AB not long ago and the performance is sufficient (feels even faster than my N46B20 320i) but according to sales literature it is the same 156HP N46.

On cabriolet being not suitable for Malaysia, I totally agree... unfortunately I have always been a convertible fan.. first car is the 92' Mazda Miata MX5 back in the states, so have always loved those heavy, unpractical, lousy resale value cars. I currently have another hard top cabrio, the Peugeot 207cc in KL so am aware of the shortfalls, but there is always something magical when you drive top down...

The E92 is an excellent choice but my heart is set on E93, just not too sure about the price, I think RM280K for the E93 is a bit high since the E92 same year similiar condition is only RM230K. Does anyone know what is the price of the new E92 325i from AB?

Thanks to all Sifu for your response.

tomgadgets;498839 said:
On cabriolet being not suitable for Malaysia, I totally agree... unfortunately I have always been a convertible fan.. first car is the 92' Mazda Miata MX5 back in the states, so have always loved those heavy, unpractical, lousy resale value cars. I currently have another hard top cabrio, the Peugeot 207cc in KL so am aware of the shortfalls, but there is always something magical when you drive top down...

Yeah, agree it's magical. :love: The best Sunday drive I've ever had was cruising all the beaches of Sydney going north from Bondi in a borrowed open-top. My vote would go to Oz for being THE top spot for owning a convertible, because every city has a beach esplanade scene and the climate is so great for it. The States...hmm...maybe LA or Florida, but crime is high.

Here we just don't have the climate or clean air or ambience for it. A coupe would be good though, and holds it's value quite well.

Venceladus;498620 said:
Authorize dealers (like AB, SA, IA, QA) do not bring E93 320i here in Malaysia. So most probably we won't know the exact price.

I saw an E93 320i Convertible at Sunway Pyramid the other day la. Plate is ACR7, and the car came from Tian Siang. And last time I remember at the old Auto Bavaria showroom in Penang back in 2007, I saw a black E93 320i for sale. Perhaps it was for a limited time?

alexkhoo;499820 said:
I saw an E93 320i Convertible at Sunway Pyramid the other day la. Plate is ACR7, and the car came from Tian Siang. And last time I remember at the old Auto Bavaria showroom in Penang back in 2007, I saw a black E93 320i for sale. Perhaps it was for a limited time?

Bro, you can check the link provided by Spaceman http://www.bmw.com.my/com/en/newvehi...gine_data.html if you want the confirmation. I don't know about the past, but now there is no E93 320i from authorize dealers. Last time they brought in E92 323i too, but now the E92 323i variant has been changed to 320i. The reason, it was too expensive for the Malaysian market. So they told me.

On Mudah I've seen a lot of E92 323 and E92 325i...got confused as these cars aren't on the AB website. I am looking forward to an E93/E94/E95 323d/325d in 3 years time. Hope it's not too wild a dream....

Hammer278;500170 said:
On Mudah I've seen a lot of E92 323 and E92 325i...got confused as these cars aren't on the AB website. I am looking forward to an E93/E94/E95 323d/325d in 3 years time. Hope it's not too wild a dream....

Most of the cars that you saw (on Mudah) are reconds. They probably from UK or Japan. That is why those variants didn't include on AB website.

Authorize Dealers (AB, IA, SA, QA etc)

E90
-320i
-320d
-323i
-325i

E92
-320i
-335i

E93
-325i

Btw, uh..what's E94/E95?

Made it up...i mean the 2013 3 series. They call them F30s I think. What I meant by E94/95 is basically the next gen of 3 series. :)

Btw are those reconds a good choice to get? CBUs mostly. But are they reliable in overall?

tomgadgets;498839 said:
For the E93 320i, it is a UK spec hence should be N43B20's 170HP direct fuel injection as far as I know. Do you think it is still slow? I drove a 120i cabrio at AB not long ago and the performance is sufficient (feels even faster than my N46B20 320i) but according to sales literature it is the same 156HP N46.

The E92 is an excellent choice but my heart is set on E93, just not too sure about the price, I think RM280K for the E93 is a bit high since the E92 same year similiar condition is only RM230K. Does anyone know what is the price of the new E92 325i from AB?

Thanks to all Sifu for your response.
I heard from owner of E93 325 that the car is underpower. After 1 yr, most of them sell 325 & upgrade to 335. Because of the weight of roof mechanism, the pwr/weight 320 is quite bad.

Lastly, it is a bad idea to buy recond E93 as there are not many ppl who knows how to repair the roof structure. There are cases of roof structure stuck & need to claim warranty in overseas.

Bro Davidtch,

Thanks for your advice. I think better not to get the 320i E93, probably save up and get the 335i E92/93!

All other Sifu,

Thank you for your insightful comments. You have provided clarity to my confusion.

Regards,

Tom

Top Bottom