e92 - Tail Light LED not working?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

yoko9798

Club Guest
Hi guys,I'ved just realised that the back (left) tail light of my e93 325i (2007), the LED stripe not working. Odd as no warning sign etc came up and upon inspection with my mechanic etc, they confirmed that brake light, signal and even the power/connection to the LED point at the light are working.Somehow rather, the LED inside the lamp not working. He did mentioned, that usually the LED would not go Kaput, but he suspect the resistor?, to that LED is not working, causing it not "on". Cannot open n fix, so he said, tough luck....hahahaha. Seems like I need to change 1 light ust because the LED not working :( .I'ved asked from Autobavaria Parts and Mr Lee quoted me RM773 for that 1 left unit (original).Arghhh....anybody got that left tail light that I can buy second hand? Or can refer me to someone that can fix?

2007 E93 got LED tail lights meh? I think yours is after market lights la. Only facelift model has LED.. I beg to differ.

800px-2007-2009_BMW_325i_%28E93%29_convertible_02.jpg

lightassembly3.jpg

got bro. look closely..those 3 lines just on top of that white or clear glass part. have 3 stripes. at first i thought it didnt have. but actually...its a combo. bulb n led

There is definitely a 3-stripe LED lamp. The LED curcuit board is embedded within the tail lamp itself and cannot be removed.

Yoko - I had the same problem and replaced mine with a 2nd hand unit. RM450. My usual mechanic sourced it for me.

- - - Updated - - -

There is definitely a 3-stripe LED lamp. The LED curcuit board is embedded within the tail lamp itself and cannot be removed.

Yoko - I had the same problem and replaced mine with a 2nd hand unit. RM450. My usual mechanic sourced it for me.

beelzebub;847700 said:

- - - Updated - - -

Bro, RM450 quite OK. My mechanic wants RM600 for a 2nd hand unit, which I think is on the high side, since the ori/new would cost RM773.

Mind sharing/checking with your mechanic if he has extra one? Left side.....and PM me bro.....who know, can save some $$

- - - Updated - - -

beelzebub;847700 said:

- - - Updated - - -

Bro, RM450 quite OK. My mechanic wants RM600 for a 2nd hand unit, which I think is on the high side, since the ori/new would cost RM773.

Mind sharing/checking with your mechanic if he has extra one? Left side.....and PM me bro.....who know, can save some $$

astroboy;847081 said:
2007 E93 got LED tail lights meh? I think yours is after market lights la. Only facelift model has LED.. I beg to differ.

lightassembly3.jpg

you guys are talking 450-600 for the above part? I got it for RM90 from Bavaria in SS2.

Ryou;848340 said:
you guys are talking 450-600 for the above part? I got it for RM90 from Bavaria in SS2.

Thanks for the info Ryou. But that part is not the prb. It is the LED resistor inside the rear light.

That's the reason I am looking for new one, coz there's no way for repair without breaking the light....:(

- - - Updated - - -

Ryou;848340 said:

Thanks for the info Ryou. But that part is not the prb. It is the LED resistor inside the rear light.

That's the reason I am looking for new one, coz there's no way for repair without breaking the light....:(

Top Bottom