E90 LCI Angel Eye Bulb

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mefor22

Club Guest
Dear Sifu, I saw that PIAA H8 White bulb for around RM280. Would this last long? Or I better buy the LED type from Eurotuner about RM600.Price different is quite a lot.Which one gives a better illumination?

mefor22;796904 said:
Dear Sifu, I saw that PIAA H8 White bulb for around RM280. Would this last long? Or I better buy the LED type from Eurotuner about RM600.
Price different is quite a lot.

Which one gives a better illumination?
Hard to say because it is very hard or difficult to compare on photos (googling up the PIAA H8). Is the H8 6 watt or 10 watts? Best is to test, one side of the lights change it to the new bulb and the other side maintain stock. That way you can do a comparison. The best image I have seen so far is from one of the commercial posters here.

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?52514-Bimshop-Angel-Eyes-LED-Markers

Look at the image:

I am very tempted and might consider getting it from them :)

Thank you Mavik. Its quite costly for the two bulb. From ebay, it was cheap. But don't know the reliability. Mayb others can chip in their opinion?

LED bulb is not that bright. Also, light distribution between outer and inner rings are uneven. I went back to ori ...

I went to try it out d. Apparently all H8 halogen bulb will show a slight yellowish tint even with 5000K color temperature. Better off with LED type. The seller also kind enough to demonstrate the advantage of LED, unfortunately I felt it is not bright enough, probably 2 LED each bulb. I have seen bulb with 4 CREE LED each bulb on the net but I couldn't find it in KL.

I tried out white LED and white bulbs before. Both were not to my liking as they were less visible on bright days hence defeating the purpose of the DRLs in the first place. In the end reverted back to stock bulbs.
I know people who have bought LEDs from the net but they did not last long. In some cases only lasted a month.

azmany72;799736 said:
I tried out white LED and white bulbs before. Both were not to my liking as they were less visible on bright days hence defeating the purpose of the DRLs in the first place. In the end reverted back to stock bulbs.
I know people who have bought LEDs from the net but they did not last long. In some cases only lasted a month.

This is very true. One shop with a very honest owner informed me he can get me such bulbs but will not warrant longevity. He was happy to sell cheap too because he says he knows he has no faith in the longevity. Mine eventually caused some issues with the system. Not worth changing unless its BMW brand.

Thats very disappointing situation. Another area i havent explored would be HID option. More wiring to do. Perhaps it will b best interest use stock yellow bulb. Now we are a step behind Audi DRL. Grinnnnnn

in my slightly over 3 yrs of ownership my DRL's has blown twice.
so yest, i got a LED replacement from Eurotuner, not exactly bright to my expectation but suffice to say the least.
but can't go wrong with ori bulb replacement, i itchy beckside wanted white coz no more mods to do edi :top:

e60FANster;801972 said:
in my slightly over 3 yrs of ownership my DRL's has blown twice.
so yest, i got a LED replacement from Eurotuner, not exactly bright to my expectation but suffice to say the least.
but can't go wrong with ori bulb replacement, i itchy beckside wanted white coz no more mods to do edi :top:

I hardly used mine but end up not lighting up. Supplier told me was BMW car prob. BMW told me no issues with ori but white light's ballast caused issues. So what for waste money. Not bright ok but then KO. Nonsense la

mine drl's are turned on so yeah likelihood that it would not last too long.
since buy edi might as well use it, if kenot last then next round change back to ori halogen H8 bulbs

If u dun mind can get h8 5000K like philips diamond vision or PIAA. U wont get pure white like LED, more like slightly yellowish HID. I have checked HID option. A lot of wiring around the engine bay which to my dislike. Heck....

Keep d ori save d moni. Less trouble a day, keep d foreman away.

I just got mine done at Eurotuner. Mine is pre-LCI 2007 E90, which they said had the best effect. I must say it does look good, but will still not stand up in bright daylight. But looks good in the shade and definitely at night. BTW, Eurotuner did not have any sample photos for me to see when I wanted to see the effects of the ring markers. After I did it, they took pics of my car. So if you ever go to Eurotuner now and ask to see pre-LCI E90 sample pic of the lights, that would be my car. :)

Also wanted to do for my E60. I did it 5 years ago but the results were disappointing. But I would not do it now. If they say the effect is best on the pre-LCI E90, then for the E60 would not be much improvement over what I already have.

I changed to LED DRL at Eurotuner , and I'm driving the E90 LCI . Have to say that the stock DRL bulb is brighter . The LED is not that bright during daytime , but when you enter a car park or basement parking , awesome . Night time , twice the awesomeness . I'm satisfied with the LED DRL , only at night though .

Gratz on your purchase. I just ordered 1 from the net. Shall give review once i installed it.

I want to change mine too to match my apline white color for my 2010 320d, has anyone tried Eurotuner's PIAA 6500k LED Ring Marker for more than three months? I don;t mind the overly brightness as not to tempt JPJ to trouble me but real whiteness is important.

Finally white angel eye is here. Bought it from Ebay. Here is my review:
1: Brightness - Night time is awesome. Daylight can't see much. Don't put too high expectation. Thus I just off DRL. Enjoy the night moment is enough for me.
2: Error - There is error but not serious. Instrument cluster sure light up but some how my car get over it.
3: Durability - Let see how it last
4: Heat - Will check this weekend to see if any plastic melt or wire burn.

Picture paint a thousand words.
View attachment 29070

Top Bottom