E90 330i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

enkil

Official Member
Hi guys,Does anyone know if we have this particular model around. Can't say i've seen any on the road. Does BMW Malaysia bring it on or only by grey importer?Found this specs from Wiki,330i US, CA 2006 3.0 L I6 254 bhp (189 kW; 258 PS) 221 lb·ft (300 N·m) 330i EUR 2005-2007 3.0 L I6 254 bhp (189 kW; 258 PS) 221 lb·ft (300 N·m) 330i EUR 2007+ 3.0 L I6 268 bhp (200 kW; 272 PS) 236 lb·ft (320 N·m) 335i US, CA, EUR 2007+ 3.0 L twin-turbo I6 302 bhp (225 kW; 306 PS) 295 lb·ft (400 N·m) M3 US, CA, EUR 2007+ 4.0 L V8 420 bhp (313 kW; 426 PS) 295 lb·ft (400 N·m) The E90 330i does look good with 272PS, could be a cheaper alternative to the 335i or issit in the same price range.What do you guys think?p.s - any member who owns this model maybe can help?

2908091721.jpg

Speedrat still has his, Ken has since sold his. Can PM them about the car. Why not go straight to a 335i? Different league all together with the turbo unit esp after modding.

E46Fanatic;480548 said:
Speedrat still has his, Ken has since sold his. Can PM them about the car. Why not go straight to a 335i? Different league all together with the turbo unit esp after modding.

Thanks E46Fanatic,

Actually not looking to buy. Frankly cannot afford oso :embarassed:

Just comparing facts and maybe get feedback from people who has driven both models. The only sayang part is the 335i comes in auto only rite. Maybe i need a test drive and feel it for myself.:top:

Bro enkil, beli jgn tak beli... nanti boleh lar aku test drive kete ko... heheheh...

bmw malaysia just brought in a handful for the e90 launch. i know of one, but owner still loves it like mad.. and think i'm the third in line for it ;)
dunno about grey imports tho.. doubt the are many. good luck in your hunt!

Go for a 335i if budget permits. It's a nice car. It will put a smile on your face whenever you are in it.

enkil;480564 said:
Thanks E46Fanatic,

Actually not looking to buy. Frankly cannot afford oso :embarassed:

Just comparing facts and maybe get feedback from people who has driven both models. The only sayang part is the 335i comes in auto only rite. Maybe i need a test drive and feel it for myself.:top:

The 09 models brought in by BMW Malaysia came with yummy 6 spd DCT (dual clutch) trannies but also cost almost Rm500k. Thats the one to get for sure.... but for most of us, its a waiting game for the price to come down and for the years to pass till grey importers start bringing in DCT models of the 335i.

E46Fanatic;480608 said:
The 09 models brought in by BMW Malaysia came with yummy 6 spd DCT (dual clutch) trannies but also cost almost Rm500k. Thats the one to get for sure.... but for most of us, its a waiting game for the price to come down and for the years to pass till grey importers start bringing in DCT models of the 335i.

U will see some when come middle or late 2011 and the price will be around RM 350k to RM 380k for sure.

Malaysia will not get the 272bhp power plant due to fueling issues. THe high pressured injectors r not suited to our fuel. That was the feed back i got....true or not no idea...

Where did this feedback come from? Our gasoline is equal with or better than European and US gasoline.

Schwepps;480709 said:
Where did this feedback come from? Our gasoline is equal with or better than European and US gasoline.

I too always thought we were behind in terms of fuel quality. Something to do with high sulphur content content with our fuels comparing with more developed countries.

Is BMW HPI suited for Euro II or its spec'ed for Euro IV gasolines?

However to think of it the 530i is the 272bhp power plant I think. ( anyone can verify this) So i dont know ifthe sales advisor is giving me crap of a reason about not bringing in the 272bhp in the 3 series model. I guess it is cost.

I believe sulphur particulates are more an issue for diesel rather than gasoline engines.

Seems like the sulphur in our fuel is more of a problem with the NOx fuel catalyst than the piezo injectors. But strange thing is that BMW offers the N54 335i for Malaysian mkt and fuels but not the N53 6 pot engine.

The sulphur content drops significantly between Euro II and Euro IV gasoline.

"With maximum output of 200 kW/272 hp and peak torque of 315 Newton-metres or 232 lb-ft, this is also the most powerful version so far of BMW’s 3.0-litre six-cylinder normal-aspiration engine. And on the road, this means two advantages in one: a further increase in engine dynamics and a new dimension in all-round economy.
Clean and intelligent: NOx storage catalysts.

BMW’s new straight-six power unit with High Precision Fuel Injection is being launched initially in the European markets. Then, with sulphur-free fuel becoming increasingly available also elsewhere as the prerequisite for the NOx storage catalyst technology featured in the engine, the new power unit will make its entry step-by-step into other markets.

Yet a further advantage is that European customers will also be able to use their car in countries where sulphur-free fuel is not yet available everywhere. While in such cases the engine will not be able to offer its particular fuel economy in full, since in that case the storage catalyst will require regeneration more often than when running on fuel free of sulphur, there are no objections to running the engine also on fuel containing sulphur, when a European customer travels abroad."

Exactly so. Sulphur is only one of the parameters in determining the quality of a fuel. We tend to forget that the Euro standards are actually emission standards, and the fuel standards are there to suit the engines designed to meet those emission standards. In the case of gasoline engines, the last sentence says it all: "there are no objections to running the engine also on fuel containing sulphur, when a European customer travels abroad"

Top Bottom