E90 25K service & Alignment

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Orion

Club Guest
Guys and GalsJust went to Ingress Auto this morning for the 25,000 km servicing, but my odometer shows 21k+.Was told by the servicing guys that they can only service it when it reaches 24,000 kms.Are you guys getting the same response elsewhere?Anyway, my steering was pulling a bit to the left so I asked them to do the alignment etc. They told me it would cost about RM400 and recommended me to go Lim Tayar at Taman Tun.After 1 hour+ at Lim's the total comes to RM417.Here's the breakdown :1. Alignment - front + rear - RM602. Off wheel balancing (4) - total is RM363. Front camber adjsutment - RM200 for 24. Rear camber adjustment RLH RM805. Sport rim weights - RM186. Tax - RM22.56What to you guys think? This is my first time at Lim Tayar TT.

Rip off!!!

Why I say so..

1) E90 front got no camber to adjust
2) & 5) should be the same thing

For our blancing, alignment and camber job, even with on-wheel balance, should NOT cost more than RM200 MAX.

SC alignment job is about RM400. I won't say its expensive considering the scope of work they are doing. Even ride height is measured and they preload the car with sand bag to mimic actual car travelling load.

Some recommendations..
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?33781-Alignment-workshops-Pls-recommend

Thanks for the info.

This will be me last time going to Lim Tayar.

But while I was there, I saw 2 guys from Ingress Auto sending another white E90 for alignment.

I only went there becuase the Ingress Auto guy referred me.

Encountered similar unpleasant experience there. They kept asking me to do other extra things which I politely refuse. Orion, you should let Ingress know. Looks like they like to recommend customers to go there.

From my experience sending my car for BSRI service, it is ok to send when you service clock starts counting down 5000km (and less) to go.
I only send my car to MPS Sunway for alignment and balancing, although its quite premiumly priced (also top notch job carried out) it has never exceeded RM200.

I did mine at "Tan & Tan", same row with AB Sg Besi, further down the same road on the left. Only RM120, alignment plus both rear camber, no balancing la. AB Sg Besi sometimes send their customer cars there. AB Sg Besi has the KDS alignment machine too but for some mysterious reason, they depend on outside workshop too. So those of you who pay RM400 for your alignment job at the SC, there is a remote possibility that they get it done outside and charge you the RM400-x premium.. :4:

Lim Tayar is always known to rip-off lah. Job also never done properly. May need to redo you alignment soon as that was what happened to mine after a week.

Went to MPS Auto after that only paid RM180 in total for alignment, on+off-wheel balancing for 17" rims. Peace of mind for at least 10,000km if never hit pot holes.

Yup similar great experience with MPS Auto in Sunway! Great place and took them 2 hours to resolve my pulling left issue. Car is great and even my steering feels lighter now :)

Had very bad experiences with Lim Tayar in Taman Tun, a real rip off and they really try to include in extra "services" to justify the cost.

I was at Quill when I did my alignment there. Took them a full day as it was very comprehensive including measuring the suspension arms to ensure they are not bent. End of the day, they are still not entirely precise in the alignment, only to ensure the measurements are within tolerance.

So I would say the satisfaction of the results also depend on your own tolerance levels.

From what I have read, and from friends' recommendations, I will say you can try either MPS Auto in Sunway, or Kee Hin along Old Klang Road.

OK, here's what I have done :

1. Called Ingress Auto guy and told him how much I was charged and left it to him to decide in future whether he still wants to recommend to other clients.
2. Contacted Lim Tayar and asked for the explanation over the charges and here's their response :

My posting :
I was at the Taman Tun outlet this morning to do wheel alignment for my car, the total bill came up to RM416. Just out of curiosity, I posted the bill to an online forum and was told that the bill should not be that high. FYI, I provided a detailed breakdown of the bill on the forum. Members there told me that the price should not exceed RM200. I was also told that for the E90, there is no front camber to adjust and that item is listed in your bill and costs RM200. Kinldy explain.

Lim Tayar's response (in verbatim, no editing):
Hi, after checking with the stores, it was confirmed that your car came in for an alignment due to pulling to one side and we mentioned that we could rotate the tyres and try and should that fail, we would have to adjust the cambers for the front and rear. As for the comments on the forums, on the E90, the rear camber is adjusted as per usual however, the front camber is adjust manually to a maximum of 0.5 degrees using a technique which we have time and time again managed to solve a lot of our customers' (with the same car) issues. We thank you for your feedback and hope that we have given an acceptable explanation.

Hi Bro,

After u spend the 400 in Lim Tayar how was the condition of our car? Still pulling to one side or they manage to solve it?

bro orion.mine also the same,ab glenmarie also imposed 25k interval for free service(10k for the 1st n every 15k afterward).below than that they will charge for the oil but free labor.i have 21500 km now so they ask me to make an appointment when surpass 24k.

Hi people, some updates - drove up to Penang and back to KL over CNY, alignment appears to be intact, not pulling to either side for now. All in done about 1000 kms since the alignment. My car mileage is at 23000, so another 1000+ kms before i call in for the appointment to change the engine oil. The oil level is 3/4 down, ie 25% above the minimum mark.

I think Wearnes Autohaus (formerly AB Segambut) sent all their client cars for alignment at Heap Soon who charges are much more reasonable. Definitely not RM400

Orion;807666 said:
Hi people, some updates - drove up to Penang and back to KL over CNY, alignment appears to be intact, not pulling to either side for now. All in done about 1000 kms since the alignment. My car mileage is at 23000, so another 1000+ kms before i call in for the appointment to change the engine oil. The oil level is 3/4 down, ie 25% above the minimum mark.

My 325 is lucky. At 23k now and due for oil change by 24k ... The display shows engine oil at 100%. I had a courtesy 320i and there was only 8k on the mileage but engine oil was showing 75%. That was weird.

Orion;807666 said:
Thats quite a lot loss, you should ask your service advisor as well to check on the car to ensure that there aren't any leaks.

Mavik;807712 said:
Thats quite a lot loss, you should ask your service advisor as well to check on the car to ensure that there aren't any leaks.

Finally, something GOOD about my car! LOL!!!!!!

I got conned by Lim Tayar before, sold me a set of refurbished rims as NEW. Then damaged the bottom of my car and kept quiet.

JS, alignment at Quill is chargeable. How much did you pay? I was quoted 300+

Top Bottom