E60 Year 2007 LCI Msport

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

muller_horger

Club Guest
Dear All,Good day!Last Saturday I was go to used car dealer to jalan-jalan, I saw one unit E60 UK SPEC I got few question have to ask as below:1) 2007 UK Spec was M54 engine without vanos? or valtronic?2) 19" rim are standard?3) LCI normally design was "bend to face the driver"? I saw this like straight and short a bit compare to normal LCI gear stick.4) Near the gear console there got a button "Sport", when press it the suspension and gearing will come sport mode? (As dealer said.....not sure about that????)E60 2007 Msport UK Spec-Shiftronic-Sport seat-Two color interior-19" Sport rim (Multi spoke)-Msport bodykit-Dark blue color-Parktronic-Push start button-Facelift lamp front and rear-Different gear stick LCI???? and sport button????Selling RM265k near Taman Muda Cheras.From above particular was good deal???? Appreciated of reply soon.Thanks

Yo boss, I just bought the same car/model. Here are my answers:

1) 2007 UK Spec was M54 engine without vanos? or valtronic?
[Answer] It will be using N53 engine (Direct injection) and DOES NOT have VANOS or Valvetronic. This engine apparently is not suited for Malaysian fuel based on Euro 2M standard. Please see my other thread as I have the same concern.

2) 19" rim are standard?
[Answer] It depends and normally it comes with Style 172 19" (if it's M-Sport). In UK, you can choose what accessories you want when you buy the car. Hence, some cars of the same model might be quite different in specs.

3) LCI normally design was "bend to face the driver"? I saw this like straight and short a bit compare to normal LCI gear stick.
[Answer] There's only 1 type of interior design for LCI and you can also tell by the gear. If it's LCI, the gear is like a joystick (electronic), same like those found on the latest F10 5 series.

4) Near the gear console there got a button "Sport", when press it the suspension and gearing will come sport mode? (As dealer said.....not sure about that????)
[Answer] The dealer is bullshitting you on this. The E60 LCI does not have such function and only the new F10 has it. If he insist, tell him to prove it and if he loses, ask him to sell the car to you at RM200K :)

I got my E60 530i LCI at RM235K (same like the one you've seen) but mine does not have Navigation PRO and there's no paddle shift. Basic version but still comes with M-Sport and 19" rims.

aoch88;647479 said:
Yo boss, I just bought the same car/model. Here are my answers:

1) 2007 UK Spec was M54 engine without vanos? or valtronic?
[Answer] It will be using N53 engine (Direct injection) and DOES NOT have VANOS or Valvetronic. This engine apparently is not suited for Malaysian fuel based on Euro 2M standard. Please see my other thread as I have the same concern.

2) 19" rim are standard?
[Answer] It depends and normally it comes with Style 172 19" (if it's M-Sport). In UK, you can choose what accessories you want when you buy the car. Hence, some cars of the same model might be quite different in specs.

3) LCI normally design was "bend to face the driver"? I saw this like straight and short a bit compare to normal LCI gear stick.
[Answer] There's only 1 type of interior design for LCI and you can also tell by the gear. If it's LCI, the gear is like a joystick (electronic), same like those found on the latest F10 5 series.

4) Near the gear console there got a button "Sport", when press it the suspension and gearing will come sport mode? (As dealer said.....not sure about that????)
[Answer] The dealer is bullshitting you on this. The E60 LCI does not have such function and only the new F10 has it. If he insist, tell him to prove it and if he loses, ask him to sell the car to you at RM200K :)

I got my E60 530i LCI at RM235K (same like the one you've seen) but mine does not have Navigation PRO and there's no paddle shift. Basic version but still comes with M-Sport and 19" rims.

Bmw+e60+530i+M+SPORT+FACELIFT+PADDLE+SHIFT+UNREG-10017817.htm

Yes, this looks like a high specs M-Sport with Navigation PRO and peddle shift. As for the mileage part, I suggest you to ignore it because most of them are tampered :) Mine is like 100K turn to become 45K

aoch88;647490 said:
Yes, this looks like a high specs M-Sport with Navigation PRO and peddle shift. As for the mileage part, I suggest you to ignore it because most of them are tampered :) Mine is like 100K turn to become 45K

Bro, do you notice the gear console there got the "button" (maybe too small you can't see the sport words) I find wiki also can't find the spec......So great deal?

-Any suggestion? First, I think get one F10 low spec lah....523i but seem too expensive....got not enough money....;(
-Perhaps, most of my friend change UDM liao....So can't tahan......to get one.....@$#^%&^()__+@
-For the fuel issue....still worry a a bit....

Yes boss, this is the full specs model with paddle shift. Some of the 530i LCI doesn't have paddle shift and the gear knob is the same as normal 525i. The new F10 is nice to drive but again, it's a new car :) Any new car would be nice and great but after a while, it might be otherwise. As for the direct injection issue, I'm not even sure myself but I also heard the government will introduce Euro 4M fuel by year end. If this happens, we're safe.

Why not you view a few more? There's one 530i from Pantai Bharu 2008 (non M-sport) which only cost around RM240K. I think if you nego a bit, you can get RM23X. You can then add in the bodykit and change the rim accordingly. Another option is get those 530i LCI which doesn't have paddle shift, it's also slightly cheaper.

Hi Bro,
I just bought a local CKD,M sport, model 525i,year 2007. I saw a disc column below the i drive navigator which i could insert a disc in to it but i do not dare to try coz afraid rosak.

What's that for actually? Can i insert a DVD? Can i add on a GPS navigator on the Original Navigation system which mine doesn't come with a GPS. If can, pls advice.

But is it through that this version of xenon light doesn't come with a control mode inside the vehicle to adjust the beam. Because what i saw was a manual adjustment in front of the engine on top of the front light.

My reverse sensor some times shows PDC failure but sometime it works. Is it the sensor problem? Which work shop will you advice for a car service? I mean a friendly car service $$$$.

Thanx in advance.

howeesze;647541 said:
Hi Bro,
I just bought a local CKD,M sport, model 525i,year 2007. I saw a disc column below the i drive navigator which i could insert a disc in to it but i do not dare to try coz afraid rosak.

What's that for actually? Can i insert a DVD? Can i add on a GPS navigator on the Original Navigation system which mine doesn't come with a GPS. If can, pls advice.

But is it through that this version of xenon light doesn't come with a control mode inside the vehicle to adjust the beam. Because what i saw was a manual adjustment in front of the engine on top of the front light.

My reverse sensor some times shows PDC failure but sometime it works. Is it the sensor problem? Which work shop will you advice for a car service? I mean a friendly car service $$$$.

Thanx in advance.

Yes boss, the DVD is for the latest GPS map. However I'm not sure where to buy the latest map :) How much did you get the car for?

Hi Muller,

i think is important to confirm the engine type before your purchase. M54 is old engine and phased out around 2005. You can confirm the engine type by getting the last 7 digits of the chassis no (alpha numeric) and check at www.realoem.com. it will show the actual year make, type of engine etc.

try to avoid N53 as our high sulphur petrol will post problem to this engine type (pls check at wiki-pedia). if N52 then ok.

The sport button is true for more powerful drive. this function actually exist in earlier version including E39.

can consider 2006 model with N52 engine (around 160k, spend another 10-20k it would felt like new). much affordable while you wait for F10 price to drop.

EL118;647602 said:
Hi Muller,

i think is important to confirm the engine type before your purchase. M54 is old engine and phased out around 2005. You can confirm the engine type by getting the last 7 digits of the chassis no (alpha numeric) and check at www.realoem.com. it will show the actual year make, type of engine etc.

try to avoid N53 as our high sulphur petrol will post problem to this engine type (pls check at wiki-pedia). if N52 then ok.

The sport button is true for more powerful drive. this function actually exist in earlier version including E39.

can consider 2006 model with N52 engine (around 160k, spend another 10-20k it would felt like new). much affordable while you wait for F10 price to drop.

Bro,

Good day!

Is N53....wor...damn...:(

Don't worry one of my member ask me to check the VIN also....

aoch88;647521 said:
Yes boss, this is the full specs model with paddle shift. Some of the 530i LCI doesn't have paddle shift and the gear knob is the same as normal 525i. The new F10 is nice to drive but again, it's a new car :) Any new car would be nice and great but after a while, it might be otherwise. As for the direct injection issue, I'm not even sure myself but I also heard the government will introduce Euro 4M fuel by year end. If this happens, we're safe.

Why not you view a few more? There's one 530i from Pantai Bharu 2008 (non M-sport) which only cost around RM240K. I think if you nego a bit, you can get RM23X. You can then add in the bodykit and change the rim accordingly. Another option is get those 530i LCI which doesn't have paddle shift, it's also slightly cheaper.

Bro,

Good day!

Thanks.....anyway.

Did we know each other?

Boss, LCI UK model 07 and above is surely N53. No need to check also know, haha :) I think we have not met before.

aoch88;647560 said:
Yes boss, the DVD is for the latest GPS map. However I'm not sure where to buy the latest map :) How much did you get the car for?

RM 206,000. Is this a good deal? Or i might be kena potong

howeesze;647541 said:

Yup... auto adjustment. I'm not sure how it is on the E60 but one way to auto adjust is via a sensor at your rear suspension measuring how heavy the car load is, so you can calculate what angle the body would be pointing so the lights can be pointed appropriately.

aoch88;647728 said:
Boss, LCI UK model 07 and above is surely N53. No need to check also know, haha :) I think we have not met before.

aoch88,

Yes, is N53.....the gear stick was SMG version....

Thanks anyway and nice to chart with you.

muller_horger;648239 said:
aoch88,

Yes, is N53.....the gear stick was SMG version....

Thanks anyway and nice to chart with you.

No problem boss :) Let us know if you decide to get the car and become another E60 user, lol.

howeesze;648065 said:
RM 206,000. Is this a good deal? Or i might be kena potong

If it's an LCI verison, you got a vgd. But if it is a non-lci, than the price should be below RM200k already for a CKD. But why worry, bought already what. Just enjoy the car, the ride and the feel I say.

Yup boss, RM206K is a very good deal :) If it's M-Sport then even a better deal. However the interest rate for used car might be slightly higher and that's why I opted for AP recond :(

Top Bottom