E60 windscreen crack!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Print Master JB

Club Guest
My windscreen got cracked (thanks to lori hantu without plate no) while cruising at Pasir Gudang Highway.Anyone can help regarding repair cost? Dr. Cermin says cannot touch up ang quote me RM 4k++.Next i go to Yong (M Performance) and he quoted RM 3.5k (4 star glass).He also told me that price in KL will be cheaper.Btw, my windscreen is not covered by insurance (lupa amik)

Print Master JB;538256 said:
My windscreen got cracked (thanks to lori hantu without plate no) while cruising at Pasir Gudang Highway.Anyone can help regarding repair cost? Dr. Cermin says cannot touch up ang quote me RM 4k++.Next i go to Yong (M Performance) and he quoted RM 3.5k (4 star glass).He also told me that price in KL will be cheaper.Btw, my windscreen is not covered by insurance (lupa amik)

I baru kena from a container truck just now ! Hopefully can get it repaired tomorrow.... I'll check the replacement price for you tomorrow when I go to the shop in Sg Besi.
Damn Bad Luck lah....

haha... one of our member just recently repaired an 11 inches crack for about RM200 (RM90 + (11 x RM10)).. near the SinChew Round-about, Khana Curry House..

astroboy;538321 said:
haha... one of our member just recently repaired an 11 inches crack for about RM200 (RM90 + (11 x RM10)).. near the SinChew Round-about, Khana Curry House..

Worth a try... :wink: Thanks for the heads up, Bro....

Sunny,

If your w/s is insured and the crack is large, may as well make an insurance claim and replace w/s.

herbert;538356 said:
Sunny,

If your w/s is insured and the crack is large, may as well make an insurance claim and replace w/s.

Herbert,
Not really large, just like a bullseye ! Going to Chan Sou Lin tomorrow and get it fix....Damn bad luck...Was told a new one would cost RM2k at Dr.Cermin in Puchong.

sunnypuan;538361 said:
Herbert,
Not really large, just like a bullseye ! Going to Chan Sou Lin tomorrow and get it fix....Damn bad luck...Was told a new one would cost RM2k at Dr.Cermin in Puchong.

Bulleye repair cost about RM90 to RM100. Anyway I replace my windscreen once every 2 years as it bound to have minor chips at the pace we are driving.

price for e60 windscreen, 6 star rm2000, 5 star rm2800, 4 star rm3600 include workmanship and new rubber

If the chip or crack is not obvious, serious or obstructing line of sight, best just repair it. Replacing it is a waste and if job not properly done, your car might face leaking or rust problem..

Like the member who repaired the 11 inches crack for RM200. Replacing the screen is RM4k, not including the RM800 VKool. If buy insurance is 15% of RM4.8k = RM720. It does look like repairing is cheaper but a crack repair is never perfect. But if he doesn't repair it, the crack might grow further and affect line of diver's sight. That time, the only choice is replacement ASAP..

Bullseye or chip however, after repair, result is pretty amazing. I seriously felt worth the money. I have one chip fix on my e90 so far.

Hi, Print Master JB, I have changed my E60 windscreen at Mechanix Windscreen at Section 17, PJ about 3 months ago. Good workmanship. You may look up my posting in the "Windscreen Replacement" thread. :top:

astroboy;538321 said:

That's Mechanix. Go see Danny Teo there. He's a good guy. I did my E60 crack more than a year back too. About 9 inches I think. Just went there 2 days back to do my E46 (2 half-moons).

It's same row as Kanna Curry House section 17, about 2 shops away.

WRX 800;538454 said:
price for e60 windscreen, 6 star rm2000, 5 star rm2800, 4 star rm3600 include workmanship and new rubber

Less the star more the price?

Today patch up the bulleyes with a bit marking ! overall satisfactory workmanship... was charged RM80 for 1 hour job.

sunnypuan;538623 said:
Today patch up the bulleyes with a bit marking ! overall satisfactory workmanship... was charged RM80 for 1 hour job.

There goes your 3 mugs of beer ......

Grand;538522 said:
Hi, Print Master JB, I have changed my E60 windscreen at Mechanix Windscreen at Section 17, PJ about 3 months ago. Good workmanship. You may look up my posting in the "Windscreen Replacement" thread. :top:

alxy;538599 said:
That's Mechanix. Go see Danny Teo there. He's a good guy. I did my E60 crack more than a year back too. About 9 inches I think. Just went there 2 days back to do my E46 (2 half-moons).

It's same row as Kanna Curry House section 17, about 2 shops away.

TQ for the info, any contact no of Danny Teo? need to send him some pic before make a trip from JB to PJ.The cracks is is widening few cm in last two days.

sunnypuan;538361 said:
Herbert,

seems like Dr. Cermin has two tier pricing (KL-cheap/ JB-cut throat):eek:

Print Master JB;539101 said:
TQ for the info, any contact no of Danny Teo? need to send him some pic before make a trip from JB to PJ.The cracks is is widening few cm in last two days.

bro,also went thru the misfortune of a cracked windshield on my e34 many years ago.started with 2 inches but did not have time to repair.had to drive outstation.came back .......crack propagated to 11 inches......if you can,avoid driving the car until time for repair

moots;539107 said:
bro,also went thru the misfortune of a cracked windshield on my e34 many years ago.started with 2 inches but did not have time to repair.had to drive outstation.came back .......crack propagated to 11 inches......if you can,avoid driving the car until time for repair

Even if you don't drive, crack will get wider. I got my crack in my E60 in the afternoon on the highway. Left it overnight and it had already grown about 1 inch. So quickly took it to Mechanix the very next morning. Best to get it done as soon as possible

Top Bottom