E60 Pre LCI headlights

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

cafee

Club Guest
Hi,The headlights on my car has started to fade due to it being plastic and our unforgiving weather.Anyone have a nice pair for sale or alternatively anyone know how much would a new pair cost (OEM and original) and from where?Thanks in advance.

Sorry to sound noob here but I saw people also sand blasted their headlight, can this also be consider an option? Maybe bro KC can shed some light :p

Astronyu;649457 said:
Sorry to sound noob here but I saw people also sand blasted their headlight, can this also be consider an option? Maybe bro KC can shed some light :p

If possible try to avoid sanding ur headldight, it will remove the 1st layer of the headlight and the effects will not be like new ones. Unless it is very blur and do not planning to change the whole set, yes this will be a cheaper alternative.

Dont intend to sand etc, they are not too bad- just hazy. I would prefer to change either a used or new set depending on the price. LCI headlights is probably gonna cost more. Hopefully I dont burn a big hole in my pocket.

Anyone has any idea how much the Pre-LCI or LCi headlights cost? Are there OEM manufacturers?

There are a few types in the market. The all popular Taiwanese made ones (Cheap), OEM manufacturers (Average) and original BMW (Expensive) :)

Just change to LCI Head + Taillamp... I think everything includes the module cost around RM8500 (the last time I asked but have not bargained though). By the way, they are Hella (which used to be the OEM manufacturer for BMW lights) which is good enough.
And you can trade in your old lights too... :top:

Hakim Radzuan and initialM are selling their pre LCI headlight. If u want to save some bucks from buying new, then u may contact them.

And also an advice to all brothers, do not park near those aircond compressor, those dripping water is like an acid to our headlight, parking for 2 hours enuff to cause mild crack to my headlight.

fkin acidic! :(

bmw7833;649651 said:
Hakim Radzuan and initialM are selling their pre LCI headlight. If u want to save some bucks from buying new, then u may contact them.

Thanks, I have drop him a PM.

Hi guys, more questions

Have found a few sellers - Is there a difference between Pre-LCI Xenon and Pre-LCI non-Xenon ?

Mine has Xenon, will a non-Xenon fit as well , assuming they can move the ballast and bulb over?

Has Anyone tried or knows? Thanks in advance

Actually there's a difference between Xenon and Bi-Xenon:

1. Xenon and Bi-Xenon headlights are identical in terms of the bulbs that are used.

2. Xenon headlights use four bulbs, while Bi-Xenon headlights only use two.

3. Xenon headlights switch between two sets of bulbs for high and low beams, while Bi-Xenon uses a mechanical system to set the beam of light.

4. Bi-Xenon headlights are less likely to fail compared to Xenon headlights.

5. Bi-Xenon headlights can be cheaper than Xenon headlights.

6. Bi-Xenon headlights can suffer from mechanical failure, to which Xenon headlights are immune.

aoch88;650869 said:
Actually there's a difference between Xenon and Bi-Xenon:

1. Xenon and Bi-Xenon headlights are identical in terms of the bulbs that are used.

2. Xenon headlights use four bulbs, while Bi-Xenon headlights only use two.

3. Xenon headlights switch between two sets of bulbs for high and low beams, while Bi-Xenon uses a mechanical system to set the beam of light.

4. Bi-Xenon headlights are less likely to fail compared to Xenon headlights.

5. Bi-Xenon headlights can be cheaper than Xenon headlights.

6. Bi-Xenon headlights can suffer from mechanical failure, to which Xenon headlights are immune.

Bro, where did u get these facts? Tq

For me, i don't really rely on the user which has just clocked 25 post. Let me share with u:

1. Xenon and Bi-Xenon headlights are identical in terms of the bulbs that are used - Agreed, but identical from outside, if u dismantle the headlight most of the interior part aren't the same.

2. Xenon headlights use four bulbs, while Bi-Xenon headlights only use two - This is totally misleading, the low beam will always use one bulb, the D2S xenon bulb, xenon or bi-xenon, and the high beam, another halogen bulb, mostly the H7 type.

3. Xenon headlights switch between two sets of bulbs for high and low beams, while Bi-Xenon uses a mechanical system to set the beam of light - I don't understand ur first part of the statement, but for bi-xenon, the shroud will control the beam, high or low. Yes, its mechanical controlled.

4. Bi-Xenon headlights are less likely to fail compared to Xenon headlights - U're saying bi-xenon less likely to fail but how bout the statement for no 6?

5. Bi-Xenon headlights can be cheaper than Xenon headlights - U must be kidding me, bi-xenon is more expensive, new technology for sure

6. Bi-Xenon headlights can suffer from mechanical failure, to which Xenon headlights are immune - it can suffer but mostly they don't. the shroud are design in a way it should last longer.

A video to show some sample here

[video=youtube;WGadPVW3UWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGadPVW3UWk[/video]

Actually the question was Xenon vs Non-Xenon, (sorry you misread BiXenon) - seller tells me headlamps are non-Xenon, just wondering if I could use those. My car has Xenon.

cafee;650724 said:
Hi guys, more questions

Have found a few sellers - Is there a difference between Pre-LCI Xenon and Pre-LCI non-Xenon ?

Mine has Xenon, will a non-Xenon fit as well , assuming they can move the ballast and bulb over?

Has Anyone tried or knows? Thanks in advance

Hi, hows everybodys doing..

A little search for you, pre-LCI E60 halogen (non-xenon) uses reflector not projector. In short you can't just move over the HID bulb into the pre-LCI housing because they different (D2S,D1S to H7). Projector is better than reflector anyway, so stick to Xenon housing..

pre-LCI halogen headlight
bmw-e60-headlight-04-bp.jpg

pre-LCI setups

xenon
209.png

halogen
218.png

Can i change my HID Xenon bulb using aftermarket bulb? or i have to use Philips original bulb?

Mine with Xenon Projector, i think only 4300k temp, planning to change to 6000k in par with my foglight.

U can always change the bulb if u want to, but the original bulbs has higher lumens than the taiwan/chinese made. So the brightness will be compromised.

There are some in Ebay selling the 6000k bulb, and some declared its original but to me better stick to original..

Top Bottom