E60 M-Sport 18" Rims on an E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

beemerx

Club Guest
Dear sifus,It's that time again... the legendary poison has struck and it's more potent than ever! I saw some E90s recently installed with the E60 18" M-Sport rims and they looked hot! I have not been able to shake it off my mind since then & I'm planning to have that installed over my current standard 17" SE rims.Couple of questions / concerns that I have though which I hope the sifus here can help me with.1: Are any mods required for this rim to be installed on an E90? I was told that E60 rims are proprietry to E60s only.2: Will the change from 17-18" wheels affect performance (ie acceleration & top speed) and fuel consumption drastically?3: Will other wear & tear on certain parts be dramatically sped up due to this change?Your kind wisdom is very much appreciated.Thanks you

beemerx;615993 said:
Dear sifus,

It's that time again... the legendary poison has struck and it's more potent than ever!

I saw some E90s recently installed with the E60 18" M-Sport rims and they looked hot! I have not been able to shake it off my mind since then & I'm planning to have that installed over my current standard 17" SE rims.

Couple of questions / concerns that I have though which I hope the sifus here can help me with.

1: Are any mods required for this rim to be installed on an E90? I was told that E60 rims are proprietry to E60s only.

2: Will the change from 17-18" wheels affect performance (ie acceleration & top speed) and fuel consumption drastically?

3: Will other wear & tear on certain parts be dramatically sped up due to this change?

Your kind wisdom is very much appreciated.

Thanks you

No mods required for ori bmw style 135 rim to be installed on a e90. Q2 yes ... but no drastically ofcourse... win some u lose some. & q3 no...

hope this help. info from my x yr 2008 e90 325...

cheers

No 3 I'll put Yes. Bigger wheel stresses the machinery more, including your brakes, suspension, drive terrain, steering components, bushing and bearings. That's where the "You gain some, u lose some" applies. U gain stability and steering feel.

astroboy;616111 said:
No 3 I'll put Yes. Bigger wheel stresses the machinery more, including your brakes, suspension, drive terrain, steering components, bushing and bearings. That's where the "You gain some, u lose some" applies. U gain stability and steering feel.

Thanks Astroboy... but how much faster will the wear & tear be accelarated when changed from 17" to 18" wheels? Approx. 10%? 20%? 30%?

Top Bottom