E60 In car Phone Adaptor

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dnhoh

Club Guest
Hi folks, FOr anyone considering but not sure whether to spend the money, let me put it to rest - definitely worth the money! I had just bought BMW's in car phone adaptor for my e60. It hooks up your mobile phone to the shark fin antenna and connects to your speakers via blue tooth. As most of you may know that the reception and conncetion via blue tooth straight from the phone is a bit of hit and miss. But with the adaptor its cyrstal clear. For my motorola V8, it was RM526 (or there about). Got it from Ingress.

Mine's has the phone preparation built-in. The connection is via bluetooth and paired once and the moment I enter the car, the phone is connected. The entire phone contact is downloaded into the car. I dial using the stereo and steering controls. The sound comes out of the speaker and the mike is in the overhead panel. It has the basic functions such as last redial, last 8 calls, top 8 etc. It interrupts the stereo when you dial.

Reception is very good. I talk whilst driving and this is real wonderful. It is definietly better than a wired head set and my blue tooth headset - now where did I put it?

I greatly recommend it.

the both of ur E60 come with built-in bluetooth or you add it as alternatively??

saat;397641 said:
Mine's has the phone preparation built-in. The connection is via bluetooth and paired once and the moment I enter the car, the phone is connected. The entire phone contact is downloaded into the car. I dial using the stereo and steering controls. The sound comes out of the speaker and the mike is in the overhead panel. It has the basic functions such as last redial, last 8 calls, top 8 etc. It interrupts the stereo when you dial.

Reception is very good. I talk whilst driving and this is real wonderful. It is definietly better than a wired head set and my blue tooth headset - now where did I put it?

I greatly recommend it.

bro,
i do paired my phone (nokia e65) with my e60's blue tooth...
and using the handsfree function too... but i dunno how to download my phone contact to the car,
can teach?? :wink:

felixtan;398022 said:
bro,
i do paired my phone (nokia e65) with my e60's blue tooth...
and using the handsfree function too... but i dunno how to download my phone contact to the car,
can teach?? :wink:

Forgot to mention that mine's a 2008 E90. I dont know if the phone prep is different from the E60. But once paired, the car's phone prep will read the phone contact list and down load it into the car's memory. It does it by itself. It will automatically repair when the phone comes near the car.

saat;398028 said:
Forgot to mention that mine's a 2008 E90. I dont know if the phone prep is different from the E60. But once paired, the car's phone prep will read the phone contact list and down load it into the car's memory. It does it by itself. It will automatically repair when the phone comes near the car.

oic...
thanks for your info... hmmm... must ask this question again at e60 section
haha...

Chookleng, my bluetooth came with the car

Saat, what you have is just the standard bluetooth connection. All BMWs with bluetooth will allow up to do what you did. By adding the phone snap on adapter, your phone will be connected to the 'shark fin' antenna for better reception and stability and your phone gets charged at the same time.

felixtan, the contacts on my mobile was automatically downloaded onto my car. It was the first phone I paired though as subsequent phone contacts were not downloaded. Look it up in e60 network site. Lots of tips there.

Top Bottom