E60 i-Drive PROBLEM (problem #6285142647)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ess530i

Club Guest
hello sifus (or anyone with similar experience)... recently, my i-Drive displays only the --BMW-- logo permanently while driving and not allowing me to use the MENUS. mechanic quoted RM7,500.00 (seven thousand five hundred) to replace the entire i-Drive, saying that another 2 unit of E60 already face similar issue. i hope there's a cheaper solution than to replace the entire i-drive, probably a software reset? i have tried disconnecting the battery but problem persists. any advise is much appreciated...tqp/s: my car is 2004 model with the OLD i-drive software / graphics, wonder if updating to the new version would solve the problem?

bro ur wan UK spec right? with 8.8" display and CD/DVD CCC?

the CCC alone normally costs that kind of price lo...

it is better that you try to update the software first in this case...for e60 the current SSS version is 32 i think...

one thing though, if not mistaken u are running a diff mapping for the DME from ESS right...once u update the software of ur car i think the mapping will be restored to the original version when the SSS code the DME...

bro send it to ur trusted garrage and ask them to format the entire program for u n then install the updated version. my understanding is that u don have to replace the entire things which cost u 7.5k(as ur screen is still function). the result of displaying only bmw logo permanently at ur i-drive screen is some kind of program error which don require u to change entire system. u can solve tis small problem issue by sending in ur ride to format the prog n re-install fresh copy. im sure tis gotta work for u. good luck n do update us back here

just wondering if a prog update will affect Richard's ESS remap..just something to ponder on.

hi.. just got myself registered with bmwclub.com...
i face this problem too... wonder if the suggestion given solved the problem?
or 7.5k gotta be spared anyhow...?

p/s - it's been 2 full moon, my car is without Sinar.fm :)

Call this no. 016-722 3559, look for mr.Wong (M1), i think he can help to solve ur problem at rm350

tat is butchery shop i call M1. i thought u went into MIA after last time argue. people ask for KL u give jb contact...damn u sure do marketing badly for M1. STAY away from M1 this butchery shop if you can bro ess530i somemore its in jb. i no longer patron there. sending ur love machine is akin sending urself to doom when u can have more competitive choices out there. o0o

chookleng;442838 said:
tat is butchery shop i call M1. i thought u went into MIA after last time argue. people ask for KL u give jb contact...damn u sure do marketing badly for M1. STAY away from M1 this butchery shop if you can bro ess530i somemore its in jb. i no longer patron there. sending ur love machine is akin sending urself to doom when u can have more competitive choices out there. o0o

I could not agree more. They charged me 800++ for the lubricant (engine oil) without my knowledge. When confronted they behaved like thugs and threatened me to pay up.

there's another M1 in JB?? that's new... I thought that they are only in KL... one in PJ and another one in Segambut!
So far I've been sending my car to M1 in PJ... and the charges are reasonable. Bro chook leng... is the one in JB related to those in KL???

supergripen;409932 said:
just wondering if a prog update will affect Richard's ESS remap..just something to ponder on.

i tot ccc is nothign to do with the ecu? u can remove the ccc and the car can still start and drive. so if u reprogram the ccc, cant u not touch the ecu prog??

This only my personal suggestion, i'm not their marketing person, as long as there can solved my problem @ that kind of price... why not?

not having problem with you kent. i been with M1 for almost 1 year for my e60 to service there(cant be help coz don no other place to service my car in jb) but only ended up with dulan and angry...pui la tis M1 wong.....he really think only he can repair e60..talk so many cock to me...ni na be

Bro,

I posted a reply in this section but dunno why didnt appear now.

Anyway, i wanted to find out the following and hope sifus here can help:-

(1) Where can i upgrade the software for IDrive (mine is the yr2004 without navi);

(2) How much will it cost?

(3) WHat is the difference the upgrade makes to your car?

Thanks all...

Peter Sauber;443756 said:
Bro,

I posted a reply in this section but dunno why didnt appear now.

Anyway, i wanted to find out the following and hope sifus here can help:-

(1) Where can i upgrade the software for IDrive (mine is the yr2004 without navi);

(2) How much will it cost?

(3) WHat is the difference the upgrade makes to your car?

Thanks all...

I have the same question too guys.I've got E60 530 2004 and can't use the navigation either.Please advice.Thank you

Trying my luck today

Guys,

I will be trying my luck today at Ampang.. Recommended by a fren...
I will share the result with you all at later part of the day...

Roger. Out.

Guna;443928 said:
I have the same question too guys.I've got E60 530 2004 and can't use the navigation either.Please advice.Thank you

Bro, what do you mean? Do you have the navi option in your iDrive but cannot use it? Or you iDrive doesn't even have that option at all? Yours is local, UK or Jap-spec?

I have the navigation system but everytime I go to it says 'insert dvd map'..I took it to the AB guys and they say they can't find the slot for the navigation dvd(usually located right beneath the cd slot)..I have a 2004 manufactured E60 530 Euro spec.It has all the spec like PDC,full adjustable seats(very rare).I just don't know what to do coz I really could do with the GPS.I get lost everytime I go down to KL and I've been relying on my Garmin Nuvi 205 in my previous car which went with the car(damn).I could always go get another Garmin but I feel silly coz the car says Navigation and I can't use it.so what should I do dear sifus?

Hi Steven,

Problem not solved... computer could not detect 2 things; CCC & xxx (i forgot)..
The guy open up the display & try to disconnect the wiring & put it back... He afraid that may be due to contact problem.. Same thing though...
So, he needs to check the whole wiring first... My car is still with them...

I will update further.. Remedy + cost...

Rgds.

Top Bottom