E60-2004 Japan Model (525I)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

karatamilan

Club Guest
Hi All, Seeking your advice over some of the problem i have here:1. Bluetooth Handfree - is not enabled. What is the best way to enable this?2. Radio/TV frequency still on Japanese. 3. How to have DVD/MP3 players fit in? Cheers. :106:

karatamilan;450864 said:
Hi All,

Seeking your advice over some of the problem i have here:

1. Bluetooth Handfree - is not enabled. What is the best way to enable this?

2. Radio/TV frequency still on Japanese.

3. How to have DVD/MP3 players fit in?

Cheers. :106:

1. Are you sure you have Bluetooth? Normally it does not come as standard for that year. It's probably Bluetooth preparation only. Which means you still to add the Bluetooth module. Cost? Mucho $$$$$$

2. Radio you can always get a frequency booster. Relatively cheap solution but reception won't be good. TV you can change from your iDrive to Malaysian frequency. You should be able to see TV then but not on the move. Note: Freq booster should come as standard from your salesman already, unless you bought direct from owner.

3. Go to any accessories shop as recommended by our bros here. Search those threads.

One solution, which is what I did, is to change my entire CCC which then meant I got normal radio frequency (no need booster and reception much better). This also meant I could play MP3 discs already. Plus you also get GPS. Then added in a 3rd party DVD changer. Only downside, you lose the TV function. But considering reception was never good anyway and that you could only see it when stationary, it's an OK giveaway.

Go speak to Freddie Obermaier to know your options.

alxy;451241 said:
1. Are you sure you have Bluetooth? Normally it does not come as standard for that year. It's probably Bluetooth preparation only. Which means you still to add the Bluetooth module. Cost? Mucho $$$$$$

2. Radio you can always get a frequency booster. Relatively cheap solution but reception won't be good. TV you can change from your iDrive to Malaysian frequency. You should be able to see TV then but not on the move. Note: Freq booster should come as standard from your salesman already, unless you bought direct from owner.

3. Go to any accessories shop as recommended by our bros here. Search those threads.

One solution, which is what I did, is to change my entire CCC which then meant I got normal radio frequency (no need booster and reception much better). This also meant I could play MP3 discs already. Plus you also get GPS. Then added in a 3rd party DVD changer. Only downside, you lose the TV function. But considering reception was never good anyway and that you could only see it when stationary, it's an OK giveaway.

Go speak to Freddie Obermaier to know your options.

Many thanks for the advice bro. Yes you are right, i believe i had Bluetooth but it is not ya.
I guess i'll go to replace the CCC since it resolve most of the defects i have.

How much does CCC replacement would normaly cost? Any suggestion in JB?
I'll go and search in IDrive and look for the option to change the TV Freq.

Cheers and thanks once again bros......:top:

Top Bottom