E46 new project

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

keatg

Club Guest
got my hands on a pre facelift E46 yr 2000. Itching to mod it up a bit. These are pics of the stock model with everything as original.My only constraint is obviously $$$$. The obvious thing basically just shouting out to be changed are the ugly@&& rims.

Congrats bro on your new ride! :) What rims are you looking for? I've a set of 17" for sale, do let me know if you're interested.

tyre shop will accept for stock rim for RM 150, sell to besi buruk

Muahaha.. Got my new set of 18 inchers... and its black!! What do you guys think?
Don'nt know why I have this thing about taking photos at night though :p

Thanks for the racun man... last thing i need is further encouragement hahah.:D

Instincts tells me that the next thing requiring change are the signal lights. Black wheels doesnt really match orange light.. any comments?

Tech tree for me would be something like this :

Wheels (done) - RM 4000
White/LED lights - RM 1000?
CSL front bumper (awesome) - RM 1000? (PU/PP)
Coupe back bumper - RM 500? (fibre??) reliable enough?
Paint job - RM500 - RM1400
ACS/M3 boot Spoiler - RM150
H.I.D (from lionel?) - RM 550?

Total = f%!^& expensive. Probably gonna just stop somewhere in between lol
Yeah, I've heard fibre is bad... but no choice budget running low la...

Anyone got cheaper alternatives??? Help me out here man. My dream is to see my project done.

Hhahah... thanks for help

Not really feeling the black wheels+silver combination, anyways, keep the mods coming bro! :D

keatg;207954 said:
Wheels (done) - RM 4000
White/LED lights - RM 1000?
CSL front bumper (awesome) - RM 1000? (PU/PP)
Coupe back bumper - RM 500? (fibre??) reliable enough?
Paint job - RM500 - RM1400
ACS/M3 boot Spoiler - RM150
H.I.D (from lionel?) - RM 550?

Not to forget, get yourself a CSL trunk instead of the ACS/M3 spoiler...it will make your ride look really hot! :)

keatg.. roland's right.. first, drop your ride height.. makes all da difference. Budgeted move would be to get yourself a set of springs and run on stock shocks. Try Eibach Prokit..

You might also wanna join us for BT.. LOADS of mods for you to check out and decide on what you want :D

lol.. looks like roland has an example of black wheels + silver body. looks fine to me

anywayz... i'm kinda afraid to drop a few inches as i would probably end up scraping trash off the streets of kl using the CSL bumper's lips... :eek:

Possible to install bumper without lowering??

keatg;208470 said:
lol.. looks like roland has an example of black wheels + silver body. looks fine to me

anywayz... i'm kinda afraid to drop a few inches as i would probably end up scraping trash off the streets of kl using the CSL bumper's lips... :eek:

Possible to install bumper without lowering??

Haha, my avatar is not my car lah. Mine is Oriental Blue body with black rims. Save all the money from the bumpers. Invest in a good set of suspension which gives you looks and control and you might be surprised at how different your car looks with just a few inches lower.
No point having CSL this and that if your car looks like its on stilettos...:D

alright bros... point taken. Now, to find myself a cheap source for springs. Looks like the totals gonna increase again. At this rate I might as well trade in my car for a 325 :D
Susah to mod with budget like this.. haha

Eibach springs should not cost more than RM1k. Mod your car to your budget and take things slowly...

DolCeAddicT;208462 said:
Are you on eibachs as well, strat?

Bro.. yeah I'm on Eibachs..

roland1888;208957 said:
Eibach springs should not cost more than RM1k. Mod your car to your budget and take things slowly...

+1.. don't go and bodykit here and there when your ride's as high as a 4x4 with 16" rims.. :D Got my springs for RM700 (2nd hand)

+1.. don't go and bodykit here and there when your ride's as high as a 4x4 with 16" rims.. :D Got my springs for RM700 (2nd hand)

Got my E39 Eibachs (new) for less than S$400.

Thx for the comments. I was just wondering if my ride'll get too low instead if i just changed the springs without changing the absorbers. I'm afraid I might experience the same problem as some of the forummers where their ride is 'too low' or 'too bouncy'

Top Bottom