e46-low idle/misfire

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

guru

Club Guest
if you got misfire or low idle especially after start-up-- could be leaking air, check the hose in between the intake manifold (right side of the engine).. you have to remove the 'cover' (valvetronic model) to access this hose. about 100 bucks some mechanics will say change the ignition coils.. 150-200 each.. make sure the hose is not leaking then only change coils.

Mine was like that from the factory. I learnt to live with it. (Not to say that its the way to go or if BMW/AB was right in the first place). Once its warmed up nicely (only a few mins) it should settle down to a nice classic BMW inline6 purr.

Yup, i have the same problem with my e46 318i, the computer said it o2 sensor but turn out to be vacuum hose. Around RM 200 wth labor.

i've got the same problem too.. low idling especially when the engine idling/resting back after mid/high rev. i.e. when stop at traffic light. any idea how can i check the vacuum hose for 318i M43 engine myself ? ...if this could be the reason

thanks..

yes yes, sorry spelling mistake, that's the problem with 2 finger typist and a dieheart spell checker......................

check hose/leak

ekhwanfa said:
i've got the same problem too.. low idling especially when the engine idling/resting back after mid/high rev. i.e. when stop at traffic light. any idea how can i check the vacuum hose for 318i M43 engine myself ? ...if this could be the reason

thanks..

opposite the oil cap(the manifold side of engine), remove the plastic 'cover'(02 up) there you'll see a hose running across(in between the pipes), you can't miss it...the hose is protected by a foam padding similar to air con hoses for homes. replacement is 100bucks which you can install yourself.

thanks bro... u're rite, managed to find the root cause of this, the vacuum hose at the engine side hose clamp got koyak la.
sad thing, contacted my mechanic but he said this hose is currently out of stock in Japan (very hard to believe!!!) ...need to order from Germany that takes about a month. anyway..will try temporary countermeasure while awaiting the spares.
thanks again...

Cannot be lah, i changed mine in Kuching and they have ex-stock here, look around lah, for sure have.

Top Bottom