E46 instrument cluster not working

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

macgy

Club Guest
guys,
My wife 2013 e46 instrument cluster suddenly went dead 2 months ago, only airbag light is on, nothing else work including aircond, my Lady is blowing HOT so I bought a used for $300 while I take my free time to repair.
Repair in progress, they said change the Capacitors, if it is so easy
2jBPXKg
, done that
m0Cs66
but it didn't work!
This is the link to the repairs:-
https://www.facebook.com/153068681901018/posts/802916913582855/

Last edited:
I have check the fuses and done many things as suggested by the internet.
Nothing work. End up changing the instrument cluster (paid RM300 for used part).
Now got KM dot and DSC alarm due to VIN number mismatch.
Managed to get rid of KM dot by recoding but still DSC error.

Yeah, I have the same problem as you. Planning to change the ELMOS10020B chip (communication chip for K-Can Bus).

BTW, the new instrument cluster cannot be recoded the VIN number.

I have check the fuses and done many things as suggested by the internet.
Nothing work. End up changing the instrument cluster (paid RM300 for used part).
Now got KM dot and DSC alarm due to VIN number mismatch.
Managed to get rid of KM dot by recoding but still DSC error.

Yeah, I have the same problem as you. Planning to change the ELMOS10020B chip (communication chip for K-Can Bus).

BTW, the new instrument cluster cannot be recoded the VIN number.
The things u r trying to do.. too messy, just get it repair, I m sure someone out there can repair it, i know from e46fanatics USA, he do repair e46 cluster.. name Scott i think. USD 99 for the repair, probably cheaper than what u plan to do.

The things u r trying to do.. too messy, just get it repair, I m sure someone out there can repair it, i know from e46fanatics USA, he do repair e46 cluster.. name Scott i think. USD 99 for the repair, probably cheaper than what u plan to do.

For US$99 and not including shipping, I think I will buy a second hand cluster and find some other solution.
Yes, I think I know Scott. He is the guy who also do the repair for GM5 module. Smart guy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom