E46 Centeral lock

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ron9621

Club Guest
To all the Bimmer sifu, please I need some advice from you guys. I bought the 320I M-sports about 2 week ago (Hari Raya deals lah) but I found that the central lock is not working properly, means sometime it work and some time it dosen't!! Could any off you tell me what went wrong here? I even change the battery already but still the same. I understand that Bimmer using the immobilizer but this is only to prevent from KENA CURI. Any suggestion please tell me.

ron9621, are you referring to the internal central locking or your car keys?

If it is the internal central lock, then you must ensure that all doors are shut properly. If not, then you must send to a mechanic to check it out.

If it is the central of your car key, then what battery are you referring to? The battery charges when you use them to ignite the car and it will charge extensively as you use them.

Please elaborate further so that someone might be able to explain better to your problems.

looks like you got yours about the same time as mine.
What puzzles me is that you said you changed the battery. Are you using the diamond-shaped key which uses a rechargeable battery or the square key? If you are using the diamond-shaped key, it is recharged upon slotting into the ignition. If you ae using the square-shaped key, the key might not be syncing properly with the EWS/central locking system.

For out of sync/frequency issues (if you are the ori central lock/alarm system/immobiliser system) - Go to a reputable mechanic who will help reset the key to the EWS module. While you are it, reset the whole car's ECU, EGS (gearshift) and the convenience features like your central locking (locks when the car moves, unlock driver door only or all doors, etc)
2. The central locking system is kaput but this is very unlikely.

If you are clueless, just go back to your dealership and complain. The car should still be under warranty. If they gave you more than 1 key, make sure both are sync'ed and charged.

Claim for the extra key if you only got one key. You need to go and order the key yourself but to do so, you need to lodge a police report, show the police your registration card and then order from AB/Sapura/Ingress. Key will cost about RM832(for diamond key) inclusive of taxes and shipping. Please claim from your dealer. You are entitled for a minimum of TWO keys!!!

As said by affan, the central locking can be reset with the GT machine. As for car locking, diamond type of keys recharge itself on ignition while square type of keys you have to change the battery.

E46 Central lock

Guys, what I mean is the car key if self. mines is the square type that battery is changable, first I tought the battery is run out therefore I change the battery but still the same.The other problems I have is where I live there are not much mechanic or technician that is familiar with the problems. At the moment I still can used the car key just need to be in closed range for the remote to work. Any suggestion or recomendations on which type off remote central lock that I can install to improve or solve this problems?

ron9621;364451 said:
To all the Bimmer sifu, please I need some advice from you guys. I bought the 320I M-sports about 2 week ago (Hari Raya deals lah) but I found that the central lock is not working properly, means sometime it work and some time it dosen't!! Could any off you tell me what went wrong here? I even change the battery already but still the same. I understand that Bimmer using the immobilizer but this is only to prevent from KENA CURI. Any suggestion please tell me.

Hope you point at the right direction when you operate the key remote!

polluxcapella;364929 said:
Hope you point at the right direction when you operate the key remote![/QUOTE]

yup...i think dat is the problem!! the key shud b pointed towards ur rear view mirror where d sensor is located...cheers bro n enjoy ur new ride!!

polluxcapella;364929 said:
Hope you point at the right direction when you operate the key remote!

Ditto. Seconded. I have similar situations when i got my E46 coupe (Japan Specs). I have change the key remote batteries, went to my dealer, mechanics etc2. But still dont solve the mysteries.

At a the end of the day, ive learned that thou gotta point to the right directions when you using your key remote. That's it!! Dang, so simple.lol. :top:

Now I got it!! But at the moment I'm not in the country.Will try it when I come back to Malaysia, another things is it possible to change the key to the diamond shape, with the existing ignations key?Or I have to change the whole lot as well. Just asking?? Hope this will solve the problems.Cheers mate.

ron9621;365081 said:
Now I got it!! But at the moment I'm not in the country.Will try it when I come back to Malaysia, another things is it possible to change the key to the diamond shape, with the existing ignations key?Or I have to change the whole lot as well. Just asking?? Hope this will solve the problems.Cheers mate.

Yes you may, but it will costs a bomb. Need to change the whole computer setting for locking mechanism bla bla bla. I wonder one thing, have you learn or know the magic yet, you can open your window using the key?

press the unlock button once but do not release(continue pressing). The window will open until you release the unlock button.
The front windows will open first before the rear ones.

To close the windows, press the lock button and do not release.

you have to squat with one foot up, wink your eye, pull one side of the ear and then point the remote to the car to do that.

just kidding, just point to the car la...

affan66;365235 said:
you have to squat with one foot up, wink your eye, pull one side of the ear and then point the remote to the car to do that.

just kidding, just point to the car la...

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom