E46 buying guide

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Das Reich

Club Guest
I'm looking a recon or used BMW e46 318 year 2001. Anyone can tell me any buying guide how to get a affordable e46. Since the recon also is considered a used car I need a better picture before decided any desicion. Anyone please.

Das Reich

What kind of buying guide you are looking for ? Do you mean some sort of Consumer Guide like those they have in the US or the UK ?

There is no better buying guide in the world then the BMW forum. Ask the folks here any questions that you might have. You couldn't find better advices anywhere else.

How do you judge a car is very relative to your expectation. If you intend to drive in a sporty manner, then E46 318i is not the car for you. But if you are contend with a luxury car that handles well and fairly reliable and with good looks, then this is not a bad choice.

To me, the E36 is a better car in many ways than the newer E46. I still miss my old car. While E46 is newer with better refinements...E36 is a superior car in terms of dynamics and reliability.

buying guide here is mean what should I check before decided any car. Is it better choose the e46 with all kind of bodykit & sport rim or anything that worth it. What should I check before buying. How to know the common problems or anything else. I know somehow or rather it still given you unprofitable value once you buy any car.

bro, dunno if it'll help you but you can refer to my current thread http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8880

there are numerous threads here as well you can check up on... but basically for the offered price:

1. General condition of the car
2. Mileage
3. Documentation
4. GT1, GT1 and GT1
5. Warranty, esp on gearbox, drive train and engine

As its a buyers market now, you can comfortably shave off around 16% to 17% from the offer price, if you're buying a recon'd car..

Happy hunting

if you want buying guide, join e46 TT, whenever u find potential car, call the gang...

all very kapoh and a lot of comment & advise... mostly is racun

Sorry guy, I'm a new member. Quit not understand the the meaning e46TT. Is it some kind of "lepak-lepak".

bro, since you're a new member please introduce yourself in the newbie section.. there will be a welcoming committee waiting for you

Das Reich said:
Sorry guy, I'm a new member. Quit not understand the the meaning e46TT. Is it some kind of "lepak-lepak".

Just show up at Petronas station at Mutiara Damansara tomorrow night from 10.30pm.. its burger time, free advice and racun is dispensed. just walk over and introduce yourself.. you can't miss all the e46s at the carpark

BMW is having their carnival sales again from 6-8/10 for all series, seems they r still sellin at usual price. market sellin E46 318i year 2001 @ 112K now and BMW glenmarie is selling their quality used unit at 124K. they r expensive for a reason coz i think they provide warranty for 3-6 month

Sorry guy, I'm going for outstation tomorrow. Maybe next time if i had an opportunity. Anyway nice to know all of you. Just keep inform me.

Top Bottom