E46 AUTO TO MANUAL BOX

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

supergripen

Club Guest
:D hey guys..anybody ever done this before? convert auto to manual gearbox on the E46 6cyl models.comments,arguments,ideas etc are most welcome..

Originally posted by chairoger@Jul 13 2005, 11:23 PM
My Sg mech quoted me a price of S$4500. Nearly fainted ah. :D
:blink: gosh!!!! is that for a new unit or used one??
i'm thinking more like getting one from UK or Germany used..do i need AP for that?

aiya...just helped an E30 guys got a 6 speed giabok for him la...

chairoger,
fuiyoh...SGD 4500..??? maybe I can get one for you..heheee... :D just saw two today..318i right??

Thanks Zoggee. Lucky no need to change giabok at the moment.My mech is chit chat only about changing another client's giabok at that price. Hope mine last longer......... :unsure:

:) hey zoggee..wud it be difficult to convert E46 328i from auto to manual?? i was told a lot of things needs to be changed..what do u think?
what parts do i need to get other than the gbox?

Originally posted by Zoggee@Oct 17 2005, 04:37 PM
Its not cheap oso la...just did for my bro's 328 la. :D
:) u did?? for the E46 right??cool!!! what's the total cost? what did u have to change and has he had any problems with the car after the conversion?? i always wanted a manual but can't find one in malaysia la..

can pm me la..thanx!!

:) oh ok..i know E36 is much easier than the E46.my mech told me that the work to be done is quite extensive for the E46..a lot of things to be changed..too bad though. :(

wah.. gatal already aa? :D gud direction to upgrade the transmission first.. that shud release some good horses!!

p/s: bro, any comment on your bodykit so far? pm me oso can..

:) yo adam..well,seems that its much more difficult than i expected.it'll cost a lot of money and time as well.so as it is now i'll keep my stepbox.

the bodykit..hmmm..i scraped the front bumper already while exiting subang parade.now i've gotta find time to get the car to the paintman..as far as the FB sideskirts and rear bumper is concerned i'm afraid it doesn't look good so far.the left sideskirt has got a swelling(bengkak) mid bottom and the rear bumper forward edge where it meets the wheel arch is also swelling..planning to take it back to Granpire for repairs.

if they can do a good job repairing then i'm going ahead with the rear roof and boot spoilers.

btw adam,u know anyone who can do a good job on rolling the wheel arch?

rolling fenders.. a few people.. i know one fella come highly recommended in sunway.. seen his work, excellent!!

wondering what's the difference in shoot down between E46 330i and E36 mod manual 328i . :D :nyehehe:

Originally posted by 8080pbmw@Oct 18 2005, 10:46 PM
wondering what's the difference in shoot down between E46 330i and E36 mod manual 328i . :D :nyehehe:
8080pbmw brader, i know how the shoot in and up, dunno shoot down hehehehehe, kidding. :D :D :D

As what i know, boleh fight lor. Cabutz :beaten: :beaten: :beaten:

wow..not much input from this subject huh?? guess e46 gearboxes are more complicated than its other bretheren huh??

i guess no one has done it before.. :(

anyone know the gearbox type/code for my e46 328i? auto and manual.. :unsure:

Top Bottom