e46 angel eye-reliable LED type

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kcyong33

Club Guest
HI beemers,Anyone know where to install reliable LED type angel eyes rings? also cost?past experience most appreciated.

Hey KC there was a recent discussion on this : http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36858

LED ftw
IMG_1023_G.jpg

maybe depend on ur luck..i got my LED, and since the ring is combination of lot LEDs, few LEDs burnt after a month of installation... i m just too lazy to go to claim for replacement...just live with it.... haha

azel, thats unfortunate. how much and where did you the rings from?

i got it for 300+, from a dealer in sunway..not really his fault anyway, most probably he will change it if i were to go and ask him...but like i mentioned before, i m too lazy to go and ask for replacement..haha...anyway, it s been more than 6 months and the defect is only that one. other than that, it s good

got mine for RM220+ (special price ! Dont ask me where.) Use for 6 months now. No issue.

Ask Lionel for a price. He might be able to give a good price to member here.

jarance;556458 said:
got mine for RM220+ (special price ! Dont ask me where.) Use for 6 months now. No issue.

Ask Lionel for a price. He might be able to give a good price to member here.

RM220 - SMD LED or CCFL type? that's a good price

Russie;556465 said:
RM220 - SMD LED or CCFL type? that's a good price

SMD LED lar. CCFL can get very cheap lar.

You cannot get this price lar for RM220 lar. I install and advertise for them free for the discount. :listen:
(this supplier already ban by the forum) :motz:

I think some are selling at RM280 to 300 in the market but I can get it cheaper. :sleep:

Wat is different oh ? cause i see his one almost same as mine de. By the way Jarance, wat is gear selector level ? i saw people post on the maintenance section.

Today very boring and tired, who interesting to come out lim teh tonite ? wakakkakakakakaakak

perryyip73;556498 said:
Wat is different oh ? cause i see his one almost same as mine de. By the way Jarance, wat is gear selector level ? i saw people post on the maintenance section.

both of them give the same white light.

CCFL - cold cathode fluorescent light - Use an inverter to convert 12VDC to high frequency and high voltage to light up up a fluorescent tube.

SMD-LED - Surface mounted device - Light emitting diodes - An array of LED (High intensity cluster together) to give white light. Sub miniature resistors are incorporated to work at 12VDC. So basically plug and play.

Pro & Cons

CCFL - Cons - Need inverter to work. Have to install outside the headlamp and have tendency to short circuit when exposed to rain. Some people install inside headlamp but will faced problem due to over heating from the headlamp.

SMD-LED - Just plug and play. Presently still expensive cos relative new in market. Expect the price to drop once supplier bring it in. (same like CCFL when it was first available). Some LEDs may blow due to mishandling.

Gear Switch Selector - for your Auto Gear box. :listen:

Owh I forgot to measure the current going to the LEDs while working on the car this morning. Will get this soon. :argh:

jarance;556468 said:
SMD LED lar. CCFL can get very cheap lar.

You cannot get this price lar for RM220 lar. I install and advertise for them free for the discount. :listen:
(this supplier already ban by the forum) :motz:

I think some are selling at RM280 to 300 in the market but I can get it cheaper. :sleep:

AHA! My suspicions are confirmed. I was 90% sure who the person was when you gave me his number Mr J. Now I'm pretty sure. I got mine from him at RM300, inclusive of delivery. Next time get through you, since you have special price, can? :listen:

Salut

perryyip73;556619 said:
Gear Switch Selector - for your Auto Gear box , But what exactly it do ?

The gear switch selector activates the 1-2-3--4-SD-D-N-R-P signs on the dashboard. That switch talks to the OBC to show which gear your car is in and to tell the transmission to select the right gear you want.

Salut

Just measured the current going to two of the rings, it is 450mA. So the total power would be P=IV=(0.9)(12)=10.8W. This is considered high but understandable due to the brightness. There are a total of 240 LEDs on the angel eyes.

Top Bottom