E46 aircon no air coming out

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nemo1

Club Guest
Hi All,Anyone experience this before? There is no air coming out from duct. It was working before, cold air but then all of a sudden the it just stop (no air). Would like to get some advice on what might be the possible problem and how much to fix it before a visit to the workshop.Thanks

No worry and it is a small problem, there is an electrical chip need to be replaced. I have this problem before, very cheap but I forgot how much I was paying.

if not mistaken, your aircon blower resistor needs replacement.

Roughly around 310. Done mine at naidu,pj.

Is there a fan belt for the air conditioning? Could it be that the fan belt broken

Strange thing happen today. Suddenly turn on the air conditioning and its working again. Weird.

erm...air cond blower start showing sign or giving up?when u turn the aircond on,the fan got rotate?...well i juz guessing...hehe

kazukimy;346608 said:
erm...air cond blower start showing sign or giving up?

showing what sign? sorry I don't understand.

kazukimy;346608 said:
when u turn the aircond on,the fan got rotate?...well i juz guessing...hehe

I guess the blower is working since there was air coming out.

Thanks

Hi,
My air cond the blower fail to push out air from the front. Cold air comes of other angle which is screen and above dashboard.
What actually happen....what fail? ? Pls share and how much it cost?
Mine 318i e46 2005.

perhaps ur selector is stuck on those ports? not even hot air?

If you are in Klang Valley, can check with Naidu Aircond. Reasonable and dependable service. Contact number 0192110554 . Location : behind Shell at KWSP EPF Jalan Gasing PJ

Your AHU cooling coil is dirty and freeze up. Ice is formed due to the lack of air flow.

You may need to clean the cooling coil. Problem start from dirty microfilter.

gendong said:
perhaps ur selector is stuck on those ports? not even hot air?
Yeah, in think it stuck. Selector is always on the middle mode. Later in the afternoon, it turn out to be ok.
FI, no hot air what's so ever...
Tx

Dear Sifus,

My issues with the air-cond is that it is bit less cold. Upon checking it is said that the compressor is no good condition and recommended to change. ....(I ve using this car nearly 4 year....never service pun...haha). I guess so coz sound kinda loud from the compressor.

Was quoted RM1,100 for a recond unit with 3-months warranty and include service.....WOW....recond pun mahal ka.....
Any idea or comments if the price is within range...other wise need to check with Naidu...
FI baru compressor say to cost RM2,200...

Plzzz

SBB said:
Dear Sifus,

My issues with the air-cond is that it is bit less cold. Upon checking it is said that the compressor is no good condition and recommended to change. ....(I ve using this car nearly 4 year....never service pun...haha). I guess so coz sound kinda loud from the compressor.

Was quoted RM1,100 for a recond unit with 3-months warranty and include service.....WOW....recond pun mahal ka.....
Any idea or comments if the price is within range...other wise need to check with Naidu...
FI baru compressor say to cost RM2,200...

Plzzz
Stay away from recon compressor. I have installed recon and the first failed within 1 month. The second failed within 1 month. Finally got a brand new compressor for RM1200 at Naidu.

Changed my compressor at Naidu 2 months back for 1450. Brand is Denso. Had to change the receiver drier, do cooling system flush and regas for a total cost of RM1950.

And Naidu don't accept card, cash only, so do bring a stack of moolah just in case. Or just ask him to quote first.

All,

Drop at Naidu and he gives several options.
a) Do not go for recond unit.
b) Go for 2nd hand - about RM1050 all in
c) New, Compressor alone RM1800 and include other all in RM2,010. The compressor called something like "pentronic" Sound like that la.
So rensonable ke?

Ended up done at Naidu....get a 2nd hand unit. He did change it with 2 units earlier but both ada bunyi....the last went well...warranty 14 days saja....pary jangan down lagi.

Top Bottom