E46 328 2001 - Overheat

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

planta

Club Guest
On last Sunday night 11pm we got a distress call to help an E46 328 driver in distress due to his car overheated. Owner balik kampung and wanted to go back home south but had to change his plan to fly back south next day.2001 E46 328 - perghhh powerful car... stock condition, even the sport rims
1328OH.jpg
IssuesSecondary Thermostat jammed causing the expansion tank to burst.
2328OH.jpg
The culprit was the secondary Thermostat under the expansion tank
5328OH.jpg
Noticed that the radiator was in bad condition, leaking too. The car had red color coolant. Don't want to say what brand lah which we suspect, later kena saman in court. It is said that some coolant especially the brand with red color coolant is hard on aluminium radiators. So I think better use BMW coolant fo BWMs la.Due to overheat, one of the water hose over expanded (bengkak) and torn. Luckily only 1 water hose. If the whole set... ribu bang...
6328OH.jpg
7328OH.jpg
New radiator
8328OH.jpg
Things changed.1 water hose, secondary thermostat, expansion tank, coolant, radiator and radiator cap.So guys, do check your coolant usage and change your secondary thermostat if it is already a few years old.Hope the sharing helps.planta

The brand is called "non-BMW" ..

Aiyaa... since our informant refuse to speculate what coolant the 328 is using, we should rephrase the question:

"What coolant in the market is RED color huh?" :D Then planta is safe.. :D

If thermostat jam and water stops circulating, car should over heat first right and why BMW dun't have pressure relief cap or overflow hose meh? This would not happen in Japanese car.

Now my E90 dun't even have temperature gauge, my fate is really at the mercy of BMW engineer.. :(

There was no cooolant in the car, car overheated on the way back from giant so owner use mineral water but not enough so he use syrup la that how the coolant was red of it could be riebina to. Must rasa than only tau maaaaaa.

Both the Toyota coolant (LLC and SLLC ~ Super Long Life Coolant) is red.

Castrol and BHP coolant is blue.

NASA coolant is green.

PEAK coolant is yellowish neon green.

astroboy;278523 said:
Now my E90 dun't even have temperature gauge, my fate is really at the mercy of BMW engineer.. :(
you will then need one of these:

Auterra Scan Tool:
HomeTopImage1.jpg

or

ScanGauge II
homehdr_2a.jpg

or

DashHawk
DashHawk_05.jpg

Daniel;278516 said:
Cap Ayam Brand!
6324e88d11c72499fb2294626d90db61.gif

this brand very popular la with the main belakang gang...to prevent overheating from fast movement of piston

as told to me by blackhowling

Top Bottom