E46 325i Dec 2001 AB Local 75km done for $93k ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bronx

Club Guest
Hi,Sorry to trouble you guys again..i have never own a bmw before and am doing some research on the car and hope to be an owner soon :wink:Found this unit for sale, just like to hear some opinion from u sifus whether is it a good buy? Some of my questions are :usually what do we look for in an E46 325i ? Is the price of 93k alright ? What is the standard / must have features to look for in an E46?Does this model have Angel Eyes / Parktronic as a standard features?What is a ASC/EML and CDC ??Sorry for the long question..Thanks! :top:

1) service history
2) copy of AP
3) check thru recent service for whats done
4) change the expansion tank
5) change all belts
6) change all hydraulic hoses
7) change all water hoses
8) check if radiator ok
9)check if ignition coils performing well
10)keep another rm5000 for incidentals
11) start on a long journey of cash depletion

regards

should be ok after that

BMW9700;466507 said:
1) service history
2) copy of AP
3) check thru recent service for whats done
4) change the expansion tank
5) change all belts
6) change all hydraulic hoses
7) change all water hoses
8) check if radiator ok
9)check if ignition coils performing well
10)keep another rm5000 for incidentals
11) start on a long journey of cash depletion

regards

should be ok after that

12) Control arms
13) Control arm bushes
14) New shocks
15) Check all engine and gearbox gaskets for leaks
16) Change gearbox oil and filter
17) Check history for every 10k km oil change
18) Check for flood damage, under carpets, spare tyre etc
19) Check body panels for consistent colour and damage
20) Check rims for kerbing
21) Check ensure 2nd set of tyres
22) Brake discs should be due/changed
23) Check mileage compare with ECU diagnostics
24) Check all 4 power windows

Price maybe 85-90k depending on condition.

pswchan;466548 said:
12) Control arms
13) Control arm bushes
14) New shocks
15) Check all engine and gearbox gaskets for leaks
16) Change gearbox oil and filter
17) Check history for every 10k km oil change
18) Check for flood damage, under carpets, spare tyre etc
19) Check body panels for consistent colour and damage
20) Check rims for kerbing
21) Check ensure 2nd set of tyres
22) Brake discs should be due/changed
23) Check mileage compare with ECU diagnostics
24) Check all 4 power windows

Price maybe 85-90k depending on condition.

Check mileage compare with ECU diagnostics > this will tell whether its been tampered before?

that is quite a list, may i know how much would changing all that cost ?

Angel eyes and PDC is not standard for that year model. In fact, angel eyes is non-standard for ANY E46. They would cost you around RM300 to install. PDC costs about RM200 for the 2-sensor version and RM400 for the 4-sensor ones. Note my prices were from 1st hand experience about 2 years back. May have changed since then. Note also EAGLE eyes and ANGEL eyes are 2 different things. For that year model, you cannot install EAGLE eyes unless you change the whole front fender and stuff.

alxy;466716 said:
Angel eyes and PDC is not standard for that year model. In fact, angel eyes is non-standard for ANY E46. They would cost you around RM300 to install. PDC costs about RM200 for the 2-sensor version and RM400 for the 4-sensor ones. Note my prices were from 1st hand experience about 2 years back. May have changed since then. Note also EAGLE eyes and ANGEL eyes are 2 different things. For that year model, you cannot install EAGLE eyes unless you change the whole front fender and stuff.

Hi Alxy,

From what I understand from u is that PDC can be installed by third party ? May I know what exactly does it do ? Sorry for the dumb question as I am really new to bimmers... May i also know which year model of E46 have PDC as a standard feature?

Lastly, let me reconfirm that the Eagle eye is the new headlights of the E90/E60 rite ?
Do you know what is a CDC/EML/DSC ?
Sorry for the long and noob question..

bronx;466772 said:
Hi Alxy,

From what I understand from u is that PDC can be installed by third party ? May I know what exactly does it do ? Sorry for the dumb question as I am really new to bimmers... May i also know which year model of E46 have PDC as a standard feature?

Lastly, let me reconfirm that the Eagle eye is the new headlights of the E90/E60 rite ?
Do you know what is a CDC/EML/DSC ?
Sorry for the long and noob question..

Yes, PDC can be installed by 3rd party. The prices I quoted were for that. If ori, would be around RM2.5K I think. PDC is basically a fancy name for reverse sensor. PDC came standard with 325 2002 and all E46 2004 onwards I believe. Difference between ori and 3rd party is 3rd party just beeps like normal reverse sensors, whereas ori PDC will beep from the direction obstacle is coming from (e.g. if something at your back right, sound will come from your back right speaker).

No, eagle eye is the headlight of the facelifted (around 2002) E46. Refers to the shape of the lights. Pre-facelift, lights drooped downwards, eagle eyes slant upwards. Angel eyes are the rings around the eyes.

CDC=CD changer
EML=Elektronische Motorleistungsregelung. Loosely translated means the drive-by-wire system
DSC=Dynamic Stability Control (ASC in pre-facelift E46)

alxy;467543 said:
Yes, PDC can be installed by 3rd party. The prices I quoted were for that. If ori, would be around RM2.5K I think. PDC is basically a fancy name for reverse sensor. PDC came standard with 325 2002 and all E46 2004 onwards I believe. Difference between ori and 3rd party is 3rd party just beeps like normal reverse sensors, whereas ori PDC will beep from the direction obstacle is coming from (e.g. if something at your back right, sound will come from your back right speaker).

No, eagle eye is the headlight of the facelifted (around 2002) E46. Refers to the shape of the lights. Pre-facelift, lights drooped downwards, eagle eyes slant upwards. Angel eyes are the rings around the eyes.

CDC=CD changer
EML=Elektronische Motorleistungsregelung. Loosely translated means the drive-by-wire system
DSC=Dynamic Stability Control (ASC in pre-facelift E46)

Hi Alxy,

any idea what year model of E39 comes with PDC front and back as standard?

any picture of an eagle eye? sorry still dun quite get it..i tot eagle eye was the headlights design of the new E90/E60..

any idea if an E39 2001 model have ASC/DSC ?

Try to read the webpage below carefully:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_5_Series_(E39)

This is angel eye..

angel_01.jpg

First appeared in the world for e39. Then e60 become eagle eye..

bmw-night.jpg

This one for e46..

1883a_main.jpg

Sometime u can see the angel eye in M'sia Boleh car too..lol..

HL-101.jpg

image020.jpg

didomydude11.jpg

bronx;468286 said:
Hi Alxy,

any idea what year model of E39 comes with PDC front and back as standard?

any picture of an eagle eye? sorry still dun quite get it..i tot eagle eye was the headlights design of the new E90/E60..

any idea if an E39 2001 model have ASC/DSC ?

E39 i know of 1997 CBU models with PDC. Not too sure about local. Yes, E39 2001 would have ASC I believe. DSC probably later

I see... u know I have seen a 2001 unit without a ASC button on the dash board. does that mean that unit have DSC instead? (i can't find any DSC button on the dash)

Top Bottom