E39 sports springs

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Realred78

Club Guest
So I sold my Eibach Pro Kit to a fellow forummer. The reason for this was that they were a bit too low and my M-body kit was scraping the speed humps. But I find my current stock springs a bit too high in the front. I have 18" 40 series wheels on and there is four finger gap between the front tyre and wheel arch. I have been researching on the net as well as consulted various sifus on this and came to the conclusion that the M tech springs or H&R Sports may be the best option (comfort, not too low). So I called up some possible parts suppliers like Stuttgart Auto. I was told over the phone that they had M tech springs going for RM950 for the set. So I headed over there this morning excited that i may get the perfect set of springs for my 530i. However, when I got there I was told that the springs for M5 e39 were made in Holland and not Germany. Only the absorbers were from Germany. That sounded a bit weird. Nevertheless, I asked them to bring out a set so I could have a look at them. After a 10 minute wait, I was brought a large box where a couple of springs were taken out. They were red springs and looked really impressive. The coils were really thick compared to my pro kits. But they looked a lot shorter. I asked the sales person if these were the m tech springs, but he said that they were a favourite of e39 owners and that they were heavy duty springs which did not sink down on the weight of the car unlike eibachs or other after market springs. I looked at the brand on the box and it said "Panther" :eek: The sales person, guaranteed me that the drop was 22cm...that is right this is not a typo...he did say 22cm and not 22mm. He also claimed that the springs were ideal provided my absorbers were in good nick. As I had no clue about these springs, I decided i did not want to get them. Has anyone heard of Panther sports springs? I even googled this just now, and could not find any info. It is like the springs do not exist. What do you guys think of H&R Sports Springs? Cheers.

When i source for eibach, i was told H&R could be a little tad too firm compare to eibach. But in your case it should be suitable in order to avoid the undercarriage scrape.

Have not heard of panther.....

Neither have i heard of springs named after Panther, Cheetah, Jaguar and the likes....

Well what you can do is, head down over to AB Glen, and check out with them if they have the sport springs for E39 sport.

Holland produce many lowering spring..My ex-lowering spring also made from Holland, but not 'Panther' brand. It is TERRA..:stupid:

If its pink color must be Pink Phanter brand:stupid:

mmm now I know why u r looking for H&R spring. You may look at my thread at showroom for the height. I'm on H&R spring & standard Boge abs wt 19" rim.
Very comfort but too soft on my liking. No problem on any hump but I always go slow on humps.:smokin:

if u can't find MTECH...get H&R...race version is too hard..

Top Bottom