e39 shit smell out of dashboard

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anas

Club Guest
got a 2000 e39. when i hit some potholes or do mild to hard cornering, there is this smell like garbage dump comes out from dashboard.has anyone ever had this situation. and what is the remedy. thanks.(at first, thought girl next to me farted :blink: but, when i drive alone, also, same smell and i know i dont have wind... also got this smell....) :aggressive:

I see a few possibilities here.

1) Check your aircon vent if there's some stuff stuck i.e. in the fan belt or some air con component, engine compartment, etc.
2) Check if there's a dead cat or bird stuck underneath your under carriage.
3) Check again if you have air inside you.....hahahha
4) Also, there's an urban legend which says, if you smell anything at night be it a nice aroma or something shitty, try not to comment on it or just ignore it. Could be an evil spirit trying to follow you home......wooooo...scary.....
5) If all fails, check your girl again to make sure she didn't fart. :D :nyehehe:

I got a strong feeling some smell unfriendly stuff got stuck in your air ducts when u hit the poth hole .,

cheers :D

Hmm, sounds like a really bad cooling coil in the dash, you probably have car that has not had its AC serviced. Probably a whole lot of gunk in the cooling coil casing...

Switch to RECIRCULATE. Perhaps certain areas you drive past use cow dung as fertiliser.

hey anas,

welcum onboard.....go and introduce yourself in the noob section.

ok. i'd like thanks to those who replied to my cry...

here are some observations:
1. this shit smell happens a few months after i changed the AC cooling coil.
(--cost about rm2.6k for AC fixed)

2. this shit smell the same even for past 2 months. so the cat or anything died undercarriage is ruled out.

3. different girls riding on the same car cannot have the same fart smell... :eek:k:

4. recent service done last 2 weeks does not find anything undercarriage.
--dont remind me of departing with rm5.4k on brakes, arms, and shit

Any places you guys reckon good to look at this shit smell? this UDM has always been serviced at BMAuto segambut. perhaps time to look for other places. Dont tell me indah water, ahhh..

It could be that u're coil is leaking becoz I ever ask the ac repairman wat will it smell like if there was a leak. He said there will b a bad smell(thats wat the refrigerant smell like) like shit.

aiya.. go and check your charcoal filter at the engine bay.. change it !! 2 nos....

or

your fresh air ducts is loose...

very simple solution; just spray nice smelling perfume or air fresher into the airduct n see whether the foul smell still comes out. If still, then dont know what to recommend................................hehehehe........................ :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Top Bottom