e39 bumper line

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmw7833

Club Guest
Who know the price for the bumper line for e39 whole car? Usually u all like the bumper line in same colour with the car or juz let it in black colour? Actually, if i want the bumper line in same colour with my car, i only need to spray the colour onto it or got original bumper line in the car colour?

OK, I'll answer you. You must be new here so your terms are a bit hard to catch, probably the reason why nobody answered you. I think what you mean by "bumper line" is the moulding right? If your moulding is damaged for some reason and you want to get it replaced, you can get them piece by piece for whichever location (door moulding set of 6), bumper (think so, never bought). However, if you are looking to upgrade, there are limited resources. Easiest aftermarket moulding to get is the M type, flat back and is original (or replica) of the M5 factory made. In US they do sell the same colour ones as the car but I never asked here in Malaysia. Give the spareparts dealers a call to enquire. Spray painting is a bad idea as the moulding material is not one that can be coated readily. Good luck.

Yup, spray painting on the mouldings is not advisable but if proper steps are taken, the paint will last. Normally, it will just chip off and voila, you will have black polka dot mouldings in a year or two time.

IMO, leaving it black really suits the E39. No point having them sprayed to body color.

yep i agree wit roland , mine also black as my car is silver so then the black will come out nicely

Better off painting your car black if you want your black moulding to match your car colour :D

bmw7833;207563 said:
Then, if i want to change the whole set, how much it cost?

What do you mean whole set? Mouldings for front bumper, doors and rear bumper? Also, what type of bumpers on your E39? OEM? Mtech? :confused:

Yes, for front bumper, doors and rear bumper. My bumper is original for e39, i not sure OEM or Mtech ler..

Planning to spray the whole mouldings for front bumper, doors and rear bumper to the body color..Any advice? And who ever done it? Who can recommend me a good spray shop in JB?

da mouldings for my previous E34 was glossy black. it can be painted.

however da mouldings on my current E34 is left as it is, flat/matte black.

xtracooljustin;245453 said:
da mouldings for my previous E34 was glossy black. it can be painted.

however da mouldings on my current E34 is left as it is, flat/matte black.

Roland said that if spray the black, it will turn to black polka dot after one or two yr ler..U got any spray shop to recommend?

bmw7833;245457 said:
Roland said that if spray the black, it will turn to black polka dot after one or two yr ler..U got any spray shop to recommend?

did mine in Subang. for JB better ask Roland.

Can be sprayed but must be done the right way. Get a reputable painter to do it for you. No shortcuts...

roland1888;245854 said:
Can be sprayed but must be done the right way. Get a reputable painter to do it for you. No shortcuts...

So any reputable painter u recommend?

bmw7833;246222 said:
So any reputable painter u recommend?

No leh bro, sorry. DOn't dare to recommend coz if something goes wrong then I segan lah... Ask around your friends for ideas bro...

Top Bottom