E39 BMW 540i 4.0 V8 6-speed MANUAL on Mudah (not mine)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
There's a thread somewhere in the forum discussing about this particular sale.

I thought the owner had a plan to transplant everything into a 97 E39 with paper.

...if only I had 60k under my table now...

this sale sound fishy to me when it stated email only and no phone call...ive had this experince before, when contacted the seller by call then got wrong person. when contacted by email the seller say he already move to oversea and the car is with him..but the pic in mudah show the car in malaysia and at show roam..the seller then told me to bank in money and he'll arange all the documentation and shipping of the car back to malaysia..sound fishy right??just my experience la..

mielo86;670595 said:
this sale sound fishy to me when it stated email only and no phone call...ive had this experince before, when contacted the seller by call then got wrong person. when contacted by email the seller say he already move to oversea and the car is with him..but the pic in mudah show the car in malaysia and at show roam..the seller then told me to bank in money and he'll arange all the documentation and shipping of the car back to malaysia..sound fishy right??just my experience la..

These are normal scams online. The thing is these people are I think foreigners and just dont understand the Malaysian taxing system, and dont understand that cars are waaayy more expensive than other places. Imagine people who are living in UK are interested to buy cars in Malaysia. How logical is that? An they dont understand thats its not as simple as shipping cars in and out of the country, they dont know about the AP thing.

All of these simple fishy things can be easily detected, but since they are still doing it means there are people who always kena right?

This car is perfect for those who want to transplant. No worries, like what bmw7833 mentioned, this is a solid deal.

http://www.mudah.my/vi/11344608.htm

Bmw m3 e36 -96

Price : RM 30 000 Make: BMW Model: M3 Reg. year: 1996 Mileage: 75 000 - 79 999 Transmission: Manual Engine Capacity: 2500 cc Accessories: -
Very good condition and well maintenance, nice number, super low mileage, 18” Sport Rim, New Disc Rotor and Brake Pad New Lower Arm, New Bilstein Absorber, New Water Tank and Pump, New Air-cond cooling coil, Fox Exhaust pipe, Xenon and Angel Eyes, Car Hi-fi set worth RM10K, AC stabilizer bar Front and Rear, PPG Crystal and Pearl Paint and many more accessories and etc, No Need Repair, Accident Free,

Just For Serious Buyer ONLY.

===============================================
Check out the mail reply:

Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 8:21 PM
Subject: Re: Reply: Bmw m3 e36

Hi ,

First of all thank you for taking a sincere interest to be the future owner of our family car.

I want to underline that the car is in showroom conditions ,no accidents,no special marks ,as well as the interior in excellent non-smoking condition.It has title of ownership cleared of any obligations,loans or fees and comes with all documents necessary to have it legal on Malaysia roads.

My husband , as a government servant , was sent in a diplomatic mission in
Taiwan , during the next few years.So we decided about and left Malaysia three weeks ago,living now abroad in Taiwan.

· As you probably noticed, the price is rather low because we couldn't find a buyer here,the main inconvenient is the fact that our vehicle has malayfeatures different from taiwanese specifications (the placement of the steering wheel of our car like all vehicles certified in Malaysia is opposite to taiwanese vehicles)

· Car current location:Taiwan

· Final NET OTR price : RM30,000.00 with all costs included (AP,insurance,customs duty ,government tax,shipping etc) as it is commonly known if you are part of our malaysian community , a tax exemption is applied to eligible government servants which are in diplomatic mission and they are exempted from all taxes imposed on a vehicle by our government.Bureaucracy will not be a problem for both parts , as will be done with the help of a well known international shipping company , which will be the mediator and already have in their custody our car.

· One single request if you are composed financial ,arrange a personal loan purpose to get it more fast approved , prior purchasing and we might consider your offer,we can't help you to manage the loan,we only accept customers that have money available and we want this transaction to go smoothly enough as we are caught in the middle of some very important events and have little time at our disposal to sell it .
If you have serious intentions for purchasing ,just let me know , to explain how to get it easy and safe , before others .

Nice talking to you ,

Saizah

Thanks for sharing mate.

Wow, seriously, we do have people falling for such scams??? It's such a no-brainer actually. :stupid:

I never realised our cars had 'malayfeatures'... :biggrin:

There was also a scam ad for an Alfa 159 for rm48.7k, same reply to my enquiry. The pics, seller name and info was stolen from an older ad.

Now the scammers/foreigners tend to use 'MALAY LADY' name, if you guys notice it.. when i want to sell my camera and car on mudah, also happened like this.. however i noticed that the language or written english used in the email to be funny, unlike the typical malaysian-english kind of word..so i just couldnt be bothered to reply..

Seller just beware..remember the recent news, even online banking transaction also NOT SAFE anymore ! One of the culprits is actually a foreign student graduated here majoring in IT ! Hmm, what a way to make full use of what you had learned in college !!

Top Bottom