E39 ABS pump heat shield - diy

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

skinhead

Club Guest
adaptation from moots diy. imprvment made by sticking a piece of brown box cut to size to the aluminum piece. it make the whole piece bendable and sturdier. i just use 1 pcs from the aluminum panel. it came with 3 panel overall. for improvement nx time i wud sandwich the brownbox between the aluminum panel. but for now my beta version works like a charm...:top:

ASC for single vanos more reliable than double vanos engine. However I still did mine

040420101332.jpg

040420101334.jpg

wah bro,yr engine bay super clean la.......hmmmm.....my next weekend project.thanks

bro skin.....gud la u.the abs module will last forever now!

wow ! nice diy work !!:top:
i have a question on this shield, wouldn't the heat be surrounded inside the abs module ? i gave it a few thoughts to diy but quit in the end assuming that the heat cannot dissipate away inside the coverage. any hints, maybe ?:wink:

e39-Boy;571927 said:
wow ! nice diy work !!:top:
i have a question on this shield, wouldn't the heat be surrounded inside the abs module ? i gave it a few thoughts to diy but quit in the end assuming that the heat cannot dissipate away inside the coverage. any hints, maybe ?:wink:

black absorb heat, silver reflect heat. i suggest u have it a go and compare the temp outside the cover and the temp at the abs pump. if it fell the same , just throw everything away.

Depend on the type of material you use. I use heat shield made for under hood usage.
Also I dun cover everything. Only on the side that near the exhaust manifold. Its your personal choice & preference.

compared the temp yesterday. definitely reduce the temp surrounding the abs pump, even using el chepo aluminum piece for kitchenware use wic cost +-rm10
so wutcha waiting for??? diy la... cheap2....

Hi guys,
Interesting, creative innovation.haha. I'm contemplating whether or not is it worthwhile to cover the abs pump. What is the purpose really, I know it's to protect from the heat, but does it affect the car performance in any way, Surely i will if it does affect the performance. thanks.

drweko;731292 said:
Hi guys,
Interesting, creative innovation.haha. I'm contemplating whether or not is it worthwhile to cover the abs pump. What is the purpose really, I know it's to protect from the heat, but does it affect the car performance in any way, Surely i will if it does affect the performance. thanks.

Make a cover for ABS module will affect performance ? What kind of logic is that ?

Because the module not hot enought after u cover it, so can not full perform..:listen:

bmw7833;731699 said:
Because the module not hot enought after u cover it, so can not full perform..:listen:

Are you sure what are you talking about ? Or you are just kidding ?

The shield is to protect the ABS module so can last longer. Nothing effect the performance

initialM;731902 said:
The shield is to protect the ABS module so can last longer. Nothing effect the performance
+1, the solder joint at the board of the ABS unit hv the tendency to crack due to heat, thus ABS malfunction. If the shield can reduce heat, ABS unit will last longer.

Top Bottom