E36 Front fan...How it's works?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Mtigo

Official Member
Start day one i bought my E36 M40 I have not see any single time my front fan pusing...either I on or off my aircond, it's normal.. or terbabo.. my tempreture maintain at half. But after I ketuk-ketuk a bit at the motor it works but pusing very slow...than service the motor. And the result fan pusing kuat sikit from before...And the problem now this kipas will pusing everytime i on my aircond none stoped..it's normal...Thanks

Hi guys,

The front fan, or "pusher fan" as it is known, is related to the aircon. It operates at 2 speeds: slow whenever aircon is on regardless of temp, and very fast when temperature rises.

It is very common for the E36 pusher fan motor to K-O with age. You can tell this because it will only spin when push-started by hand (but preferably with a long stick to avoid losing your fingers).

There is a way to DIY test this - disconnect the temperature sensor plug on the RH side of the radiator. There will be 3 pins - earth, high speed and low speed current. When you short-circuit across either of the current pins to earth, this will cause a CLICK noise from the relay in your fusebox then the fan will turn. If there is no CLICK then maybe your relay is busted.

Hope this helps... have fun and good luck :)

---

So the answer is normal la..thanks absidian... by the way..what color for aircond fan relay..it's purple color...

Top Bottom