e36 Air bags light (SRS)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mtrois

Club Guest
Guys,My air bag light has been on for quite some time and I haven't actually had the time to get it fix. (More like ignoring it and hoping for it to go away!)Alas, it has not! Borrowed a friends Peake Research SRS Scan/Reset tool, it says error Table 02, error code 06 - which basically states firing circuit, belt tensioner, passenger side :confused: .Tought of just resetting it, hoping that it's just an electric glitch. No such thing.... it refuses to be reset. I guess i have to spend some money to get it fix.Please relate any experience on this and how much this will likely to cost me :( .

the peake scan tool does not reset abs,dsc nor srs fault..they have another tool to do that..

With due respect, the tool (R5/SRS) does have a reset function and I did choose it. However, fault cannot be reset. So, there has to be a real problem with the airbag system.

dvng, please do tell if there is another tool. Since I'm not expert i may be wrong.

Thanks

i thot yours was the R5FCxII..the ones that yr friend have r5 srs should be able to reset the srs fault code unless there somethin terribly wrong with your srs or belt tensioner sensor..have it checked..

only solution is to have the cable on belt tensioner replaced. I have the same problem on the driver and passenger site . I even had to replace the "firing module" on the steering as the ribbon cable was faulty. Seems that the old cable that came with our car are too short and resistance drops when oxidation sets in and the new cable is much longer to solve this problem. The above happened on three diff.occasions. just my 2 sens.

Top Bottom