E36-abs warning light

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

SarJeePekAi

Club Guest
my '98 328i has shown me 2 warning lights which stay onfor a day and then go off for another 3-4 days and thenthey appear again.the 2 lights are the circled triangle and ABShas anyone experienced this and lived thru itor can recco a competent wkshop to remedy/troble shoot this phenomena. my present mechsays i have to replace the abs pump but still can drive until i ram into tiang lampu.help me out of this rut PLEASE, please Mister Please....

Bro..check the sensor or may be wire connection loose. Your car yr 1998, its too early for ABS pump to kaput.

Mont-o;216898 said:
Bro..check the sensor or may be wire connection loose. Your car yr 1998, its too early for ABS pump to kaput.

Yup too premature for a 98 model
you should see the state of
the wiring for the headlamps
all conducters are alredi peeling off
like leprosy one, the QC of the CKDs
are thumbs down!

abs pump

symptom of abs pump failure. replaced mine brand new but cheated on cost rm 10,000 another workshop told me new about rm5,000...so watch out when replacing...regards onfax e36 325i auto

onfax;217122 said:
symptom of abs pump failure. replaced mine brand new but cheated on cost rm 10,000 another workshop told me new about rm5,000...so watch out when replacing...regards onfax e36 325i auto

WHattttt:eek: You paid RM10k for ABS pump. You are so brave bro....daylight robery.

Mont-o;217176 said:
WHattttt:eek: You paid RM10k for ABS pump. You are so brave bro....daylight robery.

new pump around RM3k+++ just diy very easy..abs pump failure will occur around 5 -6yrs therfore not premature for a 1998 car is false..alternatively source for second hand around RM600- RM800+++. Always try before you buy..just unplug the wiring harness from faulty pump to new pump..and turn ignition key to see whether the light still lits..

For e36..it could be the ABS sensor, ABS relay (in the engine compartment), ABS pump or ABS control unit. Have the car diagnosed first...if it shows ABS control unit, then check the fuse, relay and then the control unit.

Top Bottom