E36 A & C Pillar Trim Repairs

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

shanbala

Club Guest
A + C Pillar TrimsVisited a BMW spare parts shop along Jln Ipoh to purchase new the above items. Quoted in excess of RM 600 for both. On further discussion with the sales personnel, I was directed to a car cushion maker who i understand modifies the trims for refitting. I left both my A & C pillar trims (non driver side) to be modified. I was charged RM 115 for the modification & delivery on Monday. Keeping my fingers & toes crossed that the modification solves my problems. If these modifications work, I just saved RM 500 which can be redirected for other mods. Will update next week on progress.While I was there took the liberty to inquiry about cleaning all my black seats (fabric) & carpets. He quoted me RM 250 for the whole interior. rgds

An update to the modification - A & C Pillar trims.

The modified trims fits like a glove. No sign of repairs unless, when you run your fingers over the surface of the trim. What you feel are the rivets that was used to hold the aluminum pieces in place. The aluminum pcs replaces the "clips" that broke.

The pillar trim's upholstery had to be removed to "punch" in the rivets, after which it was glued back. As I was driving the strong smell of the glue was evident.

At RM 100++ for both the A & C pillar's, it was a worth the dosh. Now for the ultimate test ie putting my ride through our famous potholed KL roads to see if the trims remain in place !!!

:top::top:

please share with us the shop name, contact and directions for the benefit of other members

Guys,

Direction - Glad to help. This is the direction which I forwarded to one of the forum members.
The shop in question is located along Jln Ipoh 3 3/4 mile . (opposite Bodmin BMW spare parts shop).

Get onto Jln Ipoh & head towards Kepong/B Caves. As you go along Jln Ipoh you will pass the Segambut turn off & First Division BMW spare parts shop on you left. Keep going straight till you see Komplex Mutiara on your left. (Komplex Mutiara is exactly opposite Bodmin which is on your right). Slow down at Komplex Mutiara, just after K Mutiara you will see a large Nissan service centre. As soon as you pass the service centre, take the first immediate left. You will be entering a narrow street with workshops on both your left & right. The road surface is really bad. Full of potholes etc ............. Towards the end of the street (which is a dead end) you will notice Fue Sang Cushion Maker on your left. Look for Ah Kin 019-278 3022. Call b4 you head there to ensure he is there to meet you. When I was there yesterday, he was working on some trims for an E46. He will be close for CNY !!

Pictures - sadly forgot to take my camera along, thus no photos of the modifications. I will upload soonest photos of the pillar trims after refitting.

rgds .........

will be testing out this place. Did any other bros try it and have any feed backs?

Top Bottom