E36 328i variants sold by Auto Bavaria?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anxious

Club Guest
Anyone know the E36 328i variants sold by Auto Bavaria(AB)? I understand: i) AB starting selling the 328i in 1996ii) In 1997 there were some added features eg digital AC control. What else?iii) In 1998 the last batch came with M bodykitiv) A few cars were sold in 1999(manufactured in 1998) REASON FOR ASKING As you all know, I am actively looking for a 328i. Seen a few already. There is one 1996 car I'm considering but I aint very keen on the price ...RM58k. Apart from the price I also would prefer a newer car. I was just wondering what is the difference b/w the various years. Any feedback would be most welcome. Thanks again guys.

I believe there are also a few 1995 328i sold by Auto Bavaria.

Is there much diffrence b/w a 1996 model and a 1997 model. The one I saw was registered in March 1996.

The lower front grill and side doesnt seemed to be painted?

and don't forget the very last batch(or the very last few units) was installed with twin airbags.. I believe one member here from the south has it...

Yeah, a late 98 model belonging to another brother here - Tay! He sold it a couple of years back. The 97 onward models had the wider kidney grill, the cobra shaped auto tranny knob, slightly different 4 spoke steering wheel and .....

All 328i sold locally came with the climate control aircond unit, if I'm not wrong. Some of the earlier 328i came with 5 speed auto-tranny - these are the early CBU batches. The post 98 cars had twin SRS (some), M-bodykit and what else, eh ?

Regards,
VaN.

BTW, was also told that some post 98 cars came with ASC+T instead of the ASC that comes standard on the earlier 328i cars - can anyone confirm that ?

Thanks,
VaN.

Mine's a Dec.97 model which also came with the ///M body kit but only one air bag, ASC only too.
But I believe there are some additonal stuff such as rear reading lights for the post 96 model.
Go for one that as full service history to be safe.

anxious,

Mr 8080 has a very fine example of E36 328i... One day when we have TT, join us and you may be able to drool over his ride.... :D

Top Bottom