E36 318i 96-97 Alarm & Central Locking Problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmyotaE36jz

Club Guest
Dear Sifus.Just wondering. Is there another battery for the alarm and Central Locking system for the E36 318i year 96-97 models? What I encounter is, when I press the alarm button the 'tee' sounds very weak and the central locking only works sometimes when locking but doesn't unlock when you press it. Even when the alarm trigger, it doesn't sound as loud as usual. I though was the battery weak, but starting up the car even in the morning is no problem at all. The only mod done is only the engine transplant. Besides that is still stock. And its been working for almost 2 years till recently.Truely appreciate all the help from all sifus.Thanks.

There is a small battery inside the remote. Maybe during transplant there did not fix it properly. You can send to Cobra at TDDI(KL) or Cobra(penang) at Malacca Street for checking.

machinehead;600382 said:
There is a small battery inside the remote. Maybe during transplant there did not fix it properly. You can send to Cobra at TDDI(KL) or Cobra(penang) at Malacca Street for checking.

Thanks bro for the input. Roughly where is the remote located? Does a BMW authorise workshop will be able to tackle the problem?

Thanks again bro.

Damn. Now is getting worst. The the autolock doesn't work anymore. Normally when the car starts moving, it will lock automatically. Is it possible to change the whole central locking system including the alarm with original ones? Or have to use those stupid after market nonsense. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks sifu.

bmyotaE36jz;607885 said:
Damn. Now is getting worst. The the autolock doesn't work anymore. Normally when the car starts moving, it will lock automatically. Is it possible to change the whole central locking system including the alarm with original ones? Or have to use those stupid after market nonsense. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks sifu.

Hi there just got my car installed with an original cobra system for BMW and now planning to let go of it as I managed to find a way to run a five series ews system in the car. If interested do let me know. Thank you.

Top Bottom