e34 front mounts

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

piquet

Club Guest
had a problem with my e34 525 allignment..just couldnt get the car right and the mech pointed out to worn front absorbers mounts.so since this is something i got to do,someone recomended K-MAC adjustable mounts.anyone used them before and what are the pro/cons against standard ones...

dude,

when is the last time you change the mounting ?posibly its cracked to pcs, but to change to kmac just becos u cant make ur allignment rite is somethin cLy i guess. unless u really wanna go fast2 with ur car in sepang.

E34 shock mounting is NOT cheap ...

Ori - circa 1.4+ per pair - front
German - circa 700 - 800 per pair - front. It lasted me only 5 mths.:mad:

give speedworks a call, they have the the standard / camber and toe adjustable plates with pillow ball mount. custom made to order with a solid construction, zinc plated for a corrosion resistance finished as well. these will set you back about 600 for the pair but it will be worth it as it will last you for a long time.

there;s no rubber insulation on the mounts just solid steel and aluminum cnc pieces. your ride will be slightly more sensitive, feeling every bit and crater on the road, slightly increase in road noise but the performance trade off and money save in the long run is worth it. give it a try.

skinhead,my mounts are worn ,hence the query on whether to go for kmac instead of ori ones which might need shimming etc to get it right since I am having problems aligning the car..
thanks leforte,will try speedworks as an option too
anyone know where to buy the ori ones from??

piquet;210703 said:
skinhead,my mounts are worn ,hence the query on whether to go for kmac instead of ori ones which might need shimming etc to get it right since I am having problems aligning the car..
thanks leforte,will try speedworks as an option too
anyone know where to buy the ori ones from??

if the price is not tht diff then go for it. but hv u check if ur tie rod end etc in good order ? lot of other items cud effect alignment

Top Bottom