E34 First Gear "shakes"

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Club Guest
Need some info here.I am driving an automatic 520i E34M50TUB20 (is this how u mention Vanos unit?? hehe :unsure: )When my car pulls away in 1st gear, i can feel the shaft "shakes" when RPM hits 3000. This dont happen at other gear positions, or speeds, only from standstill in 1st gear.Optimum's Jason checked it, mentions that the long shaft bush in the center is at fault. He also wants to change the 2 mounting at the shaft's connection to the gearbox. He says that the mountings have sunk, and is making the long shaft slightly crooked, causing "shakes" too. He quotes RM200++ for parts and labour (i'll budget RM300). He says that the other stuff (arms, bushes) are OK.Anyone had this before?? I read here somewhere that someone had "shakes" , spent some RM18K to change everything, just to discover its something to do with the longshaft!! Cannot afford that lo... :eek: Need some advice here. Thnx.

Me also had problem with vibrations at low speeds (30kph - 90kph). Yes, most likely is long shaft. I had mine rebalanced (coz mine is a welded shaft) and also tightened the gearbox housing bolts. Now very smooth and only costs me a few hundred bucks, not 18k.

OSFlanker,

Thnx for sharing, can u point me to whr u got it done?? Dont mind a second opinion (and quote). :p

U really into Panda la.... and u r based in Klang??

Thnx.

Got mine done at BM World at Desa Tun Razak (Ah Wai). But I normally go to Optimum for regular servicing.

I am based in Klang Valley!

Me not just into panda, all types of endangered animals. You did not have the chance to read my writeup on Kakapo, the fat parrot from New Zealand which cannot fly.

OSFlanker

Can u PM me Ah Wai BM World's no?? I wanna check him out. And Jason Optimum is a nice guy, heard he is good with E34s, how u feel abt him??

I read somewhr that u go to Klang's TT, so i tot u from Klang.

Mr 535i,

Mucho respect to the E34 Tiga Perpuluhan Lima owner lo.... i'll be really watching out in my rear mirror on h'way.... what yr car color bro??

Amende "Guibo"?? Is it along the longshaft?? (Pun not intended) :p

I tersalah read, tot u said "guailo".... "guibo" is a flex thinghy.... kinda kinky la....

Thnx.

Are u going to Klang TT? Many at Klang TT are not from Klang, they just go there in case L O N G bring along some air stewardesses.....but most of the time it's just a sausage stew.

:D Hmmm... So Must Join the Klang TT soon also... but today cannot lah.. maybe after CNY, A good time to seek Ang Pow !
:ph34r: Cheers :ph34r:

Originally posted by rajan@Feb 3 2005, 07:59 PM
:D Hmmm... So Must Join the Klang TT soon also... but today cannot lah.. maybe after CNY, A good time to seek Ang Pow !
:ph34r: Cheers :ph34r:
Sigh, another moocher...

Mycar .. pink ka-rer wan ....

Jason shud be fine.. Know him for ages ...
But I call him Ah Foo ... always bagi salam to him :lol:

Originally posted by 535i@Feb 4 2005, 09:19 AM
Mycar .. pink ka-rer wan ....

Jason shud be fine.. Know him for ages ...
But I call him Ah Foo ... always bagi salam to him :lol:
Ur car pink color? My f***... if I see a black 5er cucuk me belakang, then I know it is u... :lol:

:D I tot so too.... mana ade pink ka-rer E34 wan.... so so desperate to making it a pimp mobile ke???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm... black... must watch out lo....

The Klang TT seems more technical, got AFM cleanig classes by Jarance, oso got LED changing stuff, wanna join u guys one day, Klang is a bit far la :blink:

On L O N G and the gals... kalau ade, cuci mata je.. extra advantage lo. :p

Top Bottom