E34 changing flat tyre...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

june_yap

Club Guest
For E34 owners, have you experience of puncture tyre / flat tyre, resulting doing the changing tyre...I personally facing this problem:no matter front or rear tyre need to change, as usual loosen nuts and jack up the car using the E34 jack that slot into a tiny hole next to skirting. also place a tyre stopper in front the car.but sometimes the car roll backwards!!:eek:if i put the stopper behind, the car roll forward!!!:eek: :stupid::stupid:enless i find another hard object to stop both side of the tyre to avoid the car roll either to front or back...anyway i cant find two tyre stopper in the booth...is the way i did is right? or there must be two stopper in the booth? or the whole method is wrong?hmmmm:rolleyes:hmmmm...

June, am using honda car jack (diamond shape or whatever ppl call it)...The standard jack that comes wit the car not really convince me lah...

bro,
buy kat brother's 2 ton jack rm 48 aje ur job lagi senang... hehehe
BTW how's the nite club business doing ...opps nutri club business doing....ajak the forummer go to ur place llaaa bro....:love::love::love::love:

june,
what you have done is correct.the tyre wedge must be placed at the front wheels,but on the opposite side to where you are jacking.what i think your problem is that your handbrake is not effective or otherwise the car shud not roll either way.

i use the ori jack all the time and i have full confidence in it :top:

moots;424346 said:
june,
what you have done is correct.the tyre wedge must be placed at the front wheels,but on the opposite side to where you are jacking.what i think your problem is that your handbrake is not effective or otherwise the car shud not roll either way.

i use the ori jack all the time and i have full confidence in it :top:

ok moots... i will try to pull the handbrake tight.
will put the wedge at the opposite side of the front wheel where i jack, but the wedge is put in front or back of the wheel?

mandonna;424343 said:
bro,
buy kat brother's 2 ton jack rm 48 aje ur job lagi senang... hehehe
BTW how's the nite club business doing ...opps nutri club business doing....ajak the forummer go to ur place llaaa bro....:love::love::love::love:

bro mandonna. the e34 already heavy, i am trying not to put so many stuff in the car... anyway good idea...

for the breakfast club, i personally invite you first la... then if good, you can help me in inviting others okie?

june_yap;424588 said:
ok moots... i will try to pull the handbrake tight.
will put the wedge at the opposite side of the front wheel where i jack, but the wedge is put in front or back of the wheel?

wedge ahead of the front wheel

Top Bottom