E30 wiper motor

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ersalle

Club Guest
Does anyone out here got an E30 wiper motor lying around to sell?My intermittent is not working. Open up yesterday saw 2 of the copper contacts sudah pendek! UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :cry: And now it doesn't return to initial position when turned off WTF!!!

Not sure lah wether that can fit in, but from OEM parts i see the shape same for both e34 and e30 but part no. different.

Hey, I got the same experience before, what I do is find another piece of copper plate and soldered it to the existing "shortened" copper contact. At the same time I clean out the grease and replaced with electrical contact grease. And it work, but for a few months only. The soldering is not that good.
Got myself a used one from chop shop for RM90. Before installing it, I clean the existing grease and replace with a new grease. Working till today.

Just want to share the experience.....

But be carefull when you buying from the chop shop, make sure it is the exact one. What I mean, my wiper motor located on the left side and the first attemp I bought the one that are located on the right side. Both are exactly but are like a mirror image. I wasted more than 3 hours just to dismantled it and went back to the chop shop to change it again. Luckly they got it.

Thanks for the info strider. Yesss one of the copper plate is shortened, i just counter check on one of the website which had a picture of the internals. When i dismantled it i did find a short piece of copper broken off from one of the plate. Well thats what exactly i'm gonna do, get a used one dismantled and clean before fitting it.

Top Bottom