E30 steering problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jimix

Club Guest
I had my front absorbers changed last weekend to bilstein black and paired it with hot bits sport springs courtesy of Mr. Racun! Now the ride is firmed yet comfortable and have a lower stance to complement the old skool look that im going for. However, everytime I make a sharp turn my steering will not come back aligned straight. I’ve done alignment yet it does not bounce back straight, mcm berat to one side. What would be the caused? Appreciate if sifus can help guide before I go to workshop.rgds,jimmy

Is it safe to assume that the problem only started after installing the new shocks and springs? Bring back to the workshop who installed it for you and check what's making the steering 'sticky'...

yup, it started after installing new absobers... have to bring back to workshop la mcm ni...
thanks bro

If you lowered the car then you could have possibly affected the castor angle on the front wheels. I suspect you have introduced too much castor by lowering the car's front. This would make the steering feel "heavier".

somehow the steering is ok now. i guess everything just need to settled down.

thanks, guys!

Top Bottom