E30 shock absorber choices

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

taabster

Club Guest
Hi forummer,i wish to get insight from you more senior folks here on the type of compatible shock absorber i could get to replace my current E30 M40 shocks.From 2nd hand part shops, which are the model of car that suit for :E30 M40 front:E30 M40 rear:Thanks & Appreciate it.

koni for the absober n eibach for the spring,,,pls go n take the 4pots absobers ,,sometime tis ppl can give u the 6pots absober jst to clear their stock...regards tq d

spring - eibach
damper - bilstein

but definitely get the 4 potter and not 6 potter

i just change my engine from 6cyl to 4cyl. do i have to change my absorber even its in good condition?
anybody got 2nd hand lowered spring?

im on eiback pro kit and bilstein black..i find that just nice..not too bumpy,not too soft

sakit punggung...tell me about it! but to be honest, bilstein yellow is the bomb!

chriseunos;259487 said:
sakit punggung...tell me about it! but to be honest, bilstein yellow is the bomb!

i have to FULLY agree....:top:

Tab,

I dun recommend you take 2nd hand parts for any suspension bits.....absorbers have a finite lifespan.

New ones not expensive and worth it - for your family n ur own safety.

Jules;259554 said:
Tab,

I dun recommend you take 2nd hand parts for any suspension bits.....absorbers have a finite lifespan.

New ones not expensive and worth it - for your family n ur own safety.

agreed .....

if i didnt care about comfort and only roadholding which set up would you guys recommend?

xsjado;259717 said:
if i didnt care about comfort and only roadholding which set up would you guys recommend?

H&Rs with Bilstein B8 absorbers are probably the most aggressive E30 suspension set up that is easily obtainable locally.

E28driver;259729 said:
H&Rs with Bilstein B8 absorbers are probably the most aggressive E30 suspension set up that is easily obtainable locally.

h&r rare ... someone in this forum got his for dirt cheap price :listen:

are bilstein yellows b8? or they just some normal upgrade?

E28driver;259729 said:

yupp... you are right on bro.. somemore coupled with the IE sway bars or ST bars..wonderful !!:rock:

hi bros, WTA. im currently running on mtech springs for my e30 if im not mistaken.. intend on changing the absorbers because the current one is a cheap second hand one that was put in place temporarily..please advice what type of absorbers would be a good match with the mtech springs...more for handling, not so much comfort.. and also what is the price range like ? tks..

then bilstein Yellow is the absorbers that i would recommend to you. Price should be around RM2k brand new

Top Bottom