e30 rubber steering coupling

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

datsunnismo

Club Guest
hi. i've changed the rubber steering coupling for my ride about 3 months ago.... recently i feel alot of free play in my steering. so when i check with the mech, he said the coupling is gone and i saw the damn hell free play while the mech turning the steering wheel. i've bought the part i one of the dealer in sunway. my question is is there any grade on the coupling? and did i miskatenly bought the low grade/quality coupling.? is there any aftermarket or performance part for it?how do keep it last long?FYI i didnt managed to get the teflon like bush (as in the picture) and fixed without it.View attachment 11061

Too much heat from the exhaust???
I assumed the teflon bush keeps the shaft in the center and probably to prevent friction.. It's there for a reason..

hey hi... thanks for the reply.. :)

okay.. this time i'll replace with the teflon bush... thanks

hi.

did some diy today...
i removed the steering coupling from car and removed the rubber as well.

unfortunately, there's no tear or creak on the rubber coupling as expected.

then fix it back to the coupling set (this time with teflon bush). result, i can still twist it even with my hands. the rubber so soft.

wht is that mean...?

its time to change the rubber. or new rubber also will do the same. ?

confused.

im confused to replace the rubber coupling or the whole coupling..

where's the DIY master jarance missing.....

pakcik saya memberikan kereta bmw nya pada saya,model320i tahun yg tertulis kat grant 1988,kereta tersebut tidak ber start dalam satu tahun,apakah yang perlu saya lakukan?kat mana nak cari sparepart kalau kereta tersebut dibaik pulih dengan kos yang rendah...tolong sifu.....

hi guys... is there any PU coupling availabe... is't dangerous/uncomfortable to use?

checked with SuperPro. but they dont have...

turn the steering and look at the coupling in the engine bay at the same time and see what's causing the freeplay... Have you done this aledi???

yup.. done it. its the rubber. even i took out the whole coulpling set and i can able to twist it by hand. but when i change it couple of months ago it doesn't, now its like the rubber became too soft. i dont know how it can be happen in very short period......???

Bro, I have just been advised that my steering coupling is loose and needs to be replaced too (e30 M40)
May I know where you got yours and how much you paid for them?

Cheers

hi pussy...
where to get the ori lah bro? and how to identify? bmw logo?
btw, i've just replace it today with new unit from bav auto subang. but i think its also fake. got "made in german" chop and its disappear when i rub with my Middle finger.
cant wait till waiting for ori part. deepavali just arround corner and i cant move my car which park at porch.

btw, the coupling looks ok now. stiff. and i think i must prepare myself for a next change in couple of months... hahaha.

hi bro bimmer 9.... u can buy from bav auto sbg(03-56350000) rm 50.00 the centre teflon bush rm10.00. or ortojaya, sunway(03-56327886) .

good luck!!

I have this same problem where the cuplink rubber bushing had worn out twice within 12 months. I am currently having the same problemfor the 3rd time. I read the thread and noticed that the teflon bush would help to elimate the heat from the headers and perhaps make the bush last longer. Anyways, where can I get this teflon bushing since BA Auto and Ortojaya has no clue about the teflon bushing and only know there the rubber piece for the cuplink.

auto bavaria... 1 week to arrive..

others wont order for you.. to much hassle..

Top Bottom