E30 Power Window Relay

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kgb

Club Guest
Tried to look for answers but couldn't get anything relevant, so here comes new thread. Recently, had to change my fuel pump relay and once job was complete, discovered that all of a sudden, my drivers and front passenger door windows could not come up (windows were brought down prior to replacing fuel pump relay). I must have done something to the relay while looking for fuel pump relay (located behind your glove box). Rear windows were never working since i bought the car. I suspect front window relay. BUT, i could not find it! Tried to switch on and off the window breaker (small switch on center console), tried to swap window switches and etc.... but nothing seem to work. Ended up bring them up by giving power direct to the motor, but i still want to solve the problem. Window must work! Question is: 1. where to locate window relay on e30 m40 4 door?2. although i've changed fuel pump relay with a brand new Bosch, it is not original. Pump is working fine. But could this same relay be responsible for windows as well? Perhaps only ori relay can power fuel pump and windows at the same time? Am i right? Just guessing here...

behind the glove box, next to inside wires connecter, relay in blue colour...

pussy;612252 said:
behind the glove box, next to inside wires connecter, relay in blue colour...

huh, that is the one i've changed ......

i've traced fuel pump to that relay, changed to bosh and pump begun to work. Connectors were burnt and relay itself was relatively hot.

WTF... now i am really confused. Why ah?

funny fan.. the relay is actually black colour... you better get someone good on this wiring sorted out.. could be castropic if the wires/relays burn up...

check with the blue green boys... nathan is very good on wiring.. he rewired my e34M50B25 conversion by himself...

pussy;612348 said:
check with the blue green boys... nathan is very good on wiring.. he rewired my "e34M50B50" conversion by himself...

I wanna get a ride in this:top:

opps... my bad... should be M50B25... dammnn i too want it.. a v12... heheh

pussy;612640 said:
opps... my bad... should be M50B25... dammnn i too want it.. a v12... heheh

aiyaa thought the real deal...but now also very big already

pussy;612348 said:
funny fan.. the relay is actually black colour... you better get someone good on this wiring sorted out.. could be castropic if the wires/relays burn up...

check with the blue green boys... nathan is very good on wiring.. he rewired my e34M50B25 conversion by himself...

There is one LONG Black color relay very close to the blue one, it might just be the one for windows, will have a look at it.

Found the problem. As Pussy said, relay behind glove box, blue color, top left corner. Burnt it seems.

Replaced with a new one and it worked just fine.

What is interesting though, it blew my Fuel Pump fuse (10A). It seems that Fuel pump and Window relay are somewhat related.

Anyways, thanks Pussy, now we know where power window relay is located.

Top Bottom