e30 need help/opinions

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jagmalhi

Club Guest
hi guys, i'm in a predicament and I thought i'll seek feedback from ya'll.problem: back right rim is bent because it got knocked into by another car, now vibrates above speed of 80km/hsolution: change rimproblem: 1) should I try to look for another rim like mine, which I think will be VERY hard because its a Borbet 16" 6spoke star design(can see in the pics of my car on other threads). if i can find one or if someone knows where i can get one then problem solved! if not2) get replacement rims..anyone got rims for e30 16", the offset is 20 right? if anyone interested to sell please pm me. or know anyone who might sell or anything la or where can get rims for that size for my car? because i checked many rim shops all dont have. either i need spacers or something to make it fit.stress!! if not3) need to change my car to 5-lug instead of 4-lug so i can buy other rims.problem is how much will it cost anyone done it can give me some info?like from which car to take like eg. e30 6potter cars? im not sure. but this is my last resort la cuz it'll cost the most. have to do 5-lug replacement+rims+tires=pain!would appreciate some feedback from those with such experience.thanks!

Eh jag I thought you were selling your e30 lol. Maybe you can contact sgbuloh_e90, if I'm not mistaken, he has the same Borbets as you and I know he doesn't like them, so maybe you can work something out with him haha although i guess unlikely he'll see just one.

As Strider said, no. 2 seems to be your best choice. Ask miepower, he might still have some rims from last time. Check with joe too. Speaking of which, you probably ask joe about the 5-lug conversion too since he has done that, using E36 parts I believe.

thanks for the info guys

strider any idea where i can get rims

nick i'll check with them thanks.

i have a 15" AC rims type 1 ori and rare (becos normally u would find the 16" not the 15")for sale...u can have it for the price i bought it ....

if u want the tyres u can top up....205/55/15 bridgestone potenza re001 use less than 8 months....

pm me if interested.... tq :)

thanks for the offer bro tombstone, but i'd rather stick to 16" :D however i might be saved, spoke to zoggee earlier and he recommended a shop to go do up my rims..they did a pretty good job now no more vibrations and handles well

probably my earlier tire guy would've made a big issue out of my rims than it really was saying bengkok here and there cannot repair etc..the rim repair shop i went to solved it today

BUT i'm gonna go test the car later for high speed and see got any vibrations or not..if none then problem solved..hehe

People knock your rim mah... then you should have claimed a complete set unless the insurer can find you a replacement rim or something.. :p

I just claimed mine when a motorbike knock into my MPV and put a deep scratch on my rim.. claimed Toyota for ONE new 14" rim worth RM1,225 mentioned on the adjustor's report... :p

jagmalhi;307883 said:
thanks for the offer bro tombstone, but i'd rather stick to 16" :D however i might be saved, spoke to zoggee earlier and he recommended a shop to go do up my rims..they did a pretty good job now no more vibrations and handles well

where is that shop you gets your rims done? or kindly pm to me .. thks

lol AB my car 17 years la they replace only the original 15" rim, which is maybe 50bucks worth now..they not gonna replace the borbet type C, which is freaking hard to find :D

jagmalhi;307883 said:

probably my earlier tire guy would've made a big issue out of my rims than it really was saying bengkok here and there cannot repair etc..the rim repair shop i went to solved it today

BUT i'm gonna go test the car later for high speed and see got any vibrations or not..if none then problem solved..hehe

Glad that he fixed it for you.

Cheers

yeah bro zoggee thanks,you're a lifesaver!had a good time talking to Ah Chai haha and i told you about the M3 right, its FREAKING AWESOME!;)

sametyre shop I go to zog, behind ur house?

yes, ah chai the tyre fitter w care and patience!

Top Bottom