E30 M3 EVO "barn find"

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
loafer;502788 said:
holy shit....59km.....that's practically brand new rotfl

i think he bought the car, drove it back to the garage and that's it...

selvahraje46;502791 said:
for a 20 year old car..the tyres seems to be alright...

Saw that too... Wonder did the owner regularly pumped them up or the cars were put on jackstands..

fabianyee;502790 said:
i think he bought the car, drove it back to the garage and that's it...

Yaaa weii! That's like striking gold in your backyard. ROTFL.

What a lucky fella....

front another website..
Quote:
"Our buddy Wes over at Jalopnik got tipped tonight by one their readers on one of the rarest finds in a barn: two BMW E30 M3s with only 37 miles, respectively 57 miles on their odometer.

Considered one of the best Ms of all times, the E30 M3 is one of those rare cars that excite even the most experienced car enthusiast. Based on the 1986 model year E30 3-Series, the first M3 was introduced with a 2.3 L I4 S14B23 engine. The engine design was based on various BMW genealogy; basic block layout from the M10 4 cylinder (found in the 2002 and 320 series) overbored and reinforced to similar specifications of the BMW M88 inline-6.

One of the main reasons for production of the road car was to homologate the M3 for Group A Touring Car racing. One of the reasons often cited for its creation was that it was to compete with the “2.3-16V”-model of the Mercedes-Benz W201 190E which was introduced in 1983, although this was only speculative. When the E30 M3 was in its final years of top level competition, the 2.5 liter S14 engine in full race trim was capable of over 340 hp (250 kW) naturally aspirated.

Now imagine this: you’re a car collector and you come across two BMW E30 M3s with almost no mileage on them…..To us, that sounds like a dream you would never want to wake up from.

Along with the the two classic bimmers, the lucky car collector from Swansea, England, also got his hands on Ford RS200, another rare find.

One of the M3’s was sent to a dealer to have all its gaskets, seals and other items that could be suffering from dry rot. Days after, apparently the E30 M3 started without a problem.

We do wonder how much these two M3s are worth at the moment….

We are still collecting more information on how the owner came across these “jewels”, but in the mean time, you can follow this saga on S14.net"

Two E30 M3s and an RS200 in a brand new condition? f**k me!! Keep one M3, auction the other one. Damn lucky sod! Did the owner died after buying them cars?

Apparently the lucky man also got a merc. 4 cars altogether! Here's his comment on the S14.net:

A few people have asked how did i come to own the cars? well like life its self we all need a bit of luck from time to time!! i was in a hospitality suite at the Silverstone GP last year and got talking to a chap there about cars i mentioned that i collect cars and he took an interest in the subject and went on to say that he had a couple of cars himself and went on to tell me that he bought 2 m3's for his son's when they were kids for future investments there now 21 and 22, that's why there are 2 red ones (save's the arguments i guess we all know what kids are like) and he also went on to say that he also owns a merc evo 2 and an RS200 and there all brand new and unregistered, you can imagine how i reacted my chin hit the floor lol!
So we swapped telephone numbers and he said if he ever wants to sell the he would give me first refusal i thought that's the last i would ever hear from him,then in January i got a phone call out of the blue from him to ask if i wanted to have a look at the cars and see if we could come to an agreement on price if i was interested so we made arrangements to view the cars and it turned out the guy is a very very wealthy business man so much so he's a billionaire, you would never know he's very down to earth!!! so we agreed a price and the rest is history!!! Well chuffed!!!!!

Here's a few more pics which i cant stop looking at and i cant believe how lucky i'am

Desirable as the 2 delivery mileage Sport Evos are, the rarest car of the four is the Ford RS200. 4WD mid-engine and turbo, 200 needed to be built to qualify to compete as group B cars (Ferrari built the 288GTO, and Porsche the 959 for this category), Porsche rallied the 959 not sure if Ferrari entered anything in the 288GTO (which was at the time thought to be the most beautiful Ferrari).

The Group B category in rallying suffered some fatal accidents (one of which involved a Ford RS200) and this was thought to be due to the Gp B cars getting too fast for their own good resulting in the Gp B category in rallying being abolished.

It was spectacular while it lasted.

By coincidence watched Discovery Turbo "5 top rally cars" recently and the RS200 came 5th.

Some of the competition ones had 650bhp and did the 60mph (97kmh) sprint in just over 2 seconds. The roadgoing version did this sprint in just over 3 seconds. Imagine that kind of power on loose gravel.

At the time there was also a story where on a slightly damp track, the Group B Lancia Delta rally car was faster than a Formula 1 car.

You had to have really big balls to drive them Gp Bs.:eek:

Top Bottom