e30 interior restoration

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

shellz

Club Guest
hi all...am now planning to spruce my the interior of my e30.first thing that needs attention are the seats...wanted to get some advice from sifu's on what would be suggested...i currently have thoughts on rewrapping the seat or sourcing a m-tech seats but i nvr seem to find any...thanks in advance for the advice!!cheers,shellz

i saw somewhere, somebody is selling e30 mtech seat and the other seller selling vader seat. vader seat will be good for your e30

cheers to all.. for your replies...

shaifulo : where in Chan Sow Lin...im not too well versed with KL roads...T_T??

what are the market priced for m-tech seats and Vader seats??

Oh one more questions...for the Vader seats will it be able to fit the e30?? what would be needed to fit it in??
sorry for the Noob question

Thanks to all sifoo's

o..alright..so it can be done...
do you mind to elaborate on what needs to be modified..do i change the whole seat railing??
cheers lionel

Used to have Vaders in my E30. Never liked them and sold it on.

You will need to find some one to do the proper install into your E30 not some half past six job. You would'nt want your seat mountings to rip off in an accident otherwise its sayonara baby.

I was also never able to find a comfortble seating position with the vaders in the E30, always thought they were too high. I have the Mtechs now which I find to be much more comfortable and also like the ori look.

E28driver;414132 said:

You will need to find some one to do the proper install into your E30 not some half past six job. You would'nt want your seat mountings to rip off in an accident otherwise its sayonara baby.

I was also never able to find a comfortble seating position with the vaders in the E30, always though they were too high. I have the Mtechs now wish I find much more comfortable and also like the ori look.

so much true... nothing beats the original Mtech seats for the e30.. even more better if it was the alpina's type...:love:

shellz;413518 said:
o..alright..so it can be done...
do you mind to elaborate on what needs to be modified..do i change the whole seat railing??
cheers lionel

use back the e36 mtec seat railing .......just modified d hole position ...............

all sifoo's opinions noted with thanks...
will go chk on both the mtech and the vaders and make a choice between them
Thanks!!

E28driver;414132 said:

I was also never able to find a comfortble seating position with the vaders in the E30, always though they were too high. I have the Mtechs now wish I find much more comfortable and also like the ori look.

you vader seats was modified with a bracket sitting on another set of "brackets" thats why it was high, and yes i did saw how it was done and sat on it, and agreed that it was alittle high up
i didnt do mine that way, instead opt for a set of auxlilary brackets that didnt make the seat very high up
i also notice that the pre- and post- cars had different height of the seat, i.e. floorboards have different heights, but again, it could be your car that is different

also i would like to annouce to all not to go to DK leather as i had some bad expereinces

pussy;414190 said:
so much true... nothing beats the original Mtech seats for the e30.. even more better if it was the alpina's type...:love:

you got a FAT A$$ thats why you need a smaller chair to sit in......:eek:

i think you could'nt find a set of vaders thats why you didnt put it in your car.....

teejay;414204 said:
you got a FAT A$$ thats why you need a smaller chair to sit in......:eek:

i think you could'nt find a set of vaders thats why you didnt put it in your car.....

yes la, cannot afford the vaders... but it was the seating angle.. yours, i dun know how you did it, but it's comfortable too in the Mtech's...

pssst.. my car syill under the painter's brush...

pussy;414591 said:
yes la, cannot afford the vaders... but it was the seating angle.. yours, i dun know how you did it, but it's comfortable too in the Mtech's...

pssst.. my car syill under the painter's brush...

ele....sure you can afford the Vaders in a blink....

the angle of the brackets i did was with alot of research, and lots of trial when making the it
the guy who made it swore he would never do another set of brackets for me again ....!!!:eek:

btw, it can still go in the e36 without any problems, but i think its perfect in the green hornet forever.......:top:

the painter must be brushing alot.....

Top Bottom