E30 carpet

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

WDJ318

Club Guest
hi all!!!my 1st post after lurking in this forum for awhile..I'm looking for E30 318i '91 4 door carpet grey color.. that big piece of carpet that stretches from the front to the back of the car. i'm getting my floorboards spot welded and wanna change my badly stained carpet at the same time.This my 1st E30 project car so advice and tips are highly welcome. Tks all!!! :)

Any upholstery shop should be able to do it.
Question is your choice of quality, material, color, etc .... and price.
Malaysia boleh!

Hi Maxkpp, Malaysia boleh indeed.. :)

Any idea would cost of a 2nd hand carpet(chop shop) + sending the carpet to clean, be more than getting a new one done up in a upholstery shop. Checked with Hakitrade(Puchong) on cost for 2nd hand is RM150, but they only had the blue one in stock.

If can give me a lead to some reputable upholstery shop would be great, then i can do my homework!!:) i'd like to keep it as close to the original material as possible.

Of course if cost for a new one is slightly more then why not a new one..

Tks mate!!!

WDJ218, getting an m40 carpet has its advantages too as it would have the existing insulation. m20 carpets came with the insulation seperate. So unless you do not need the insulation anymore, you could get any upholstery shop to do it for you. Insulation in the form of superlon or its equivalent can be pricey depensing on the insulation you wish to acheive. Best to go for the m40 carpets if you can, find a laundy shop/carpet cleaning setup that will do a deep-pile clean for you and you'd have a just as good carpet.

zaskar;308528 said:
WDJ218, getting an m40 carpet has its advantages too as it would have the existing insulation. m20 carpets came with the insulation seperate. So unless you do not need the insulation anymore, you could get any upholstery shop to do it for you. Insulation in the form of superlon or its equivalent can be pricey depensing on the insulation you wish to acheive. Best to go for the m40 carpets if you can, find a laundy shop/carpet cleaning setup that will do a deep-pile clean for you and you'd have a just as good carpet.

any place to reccomend to do deep pile clean? and do they do dyeing too?? was thinkin may jus change the color to black.. goes with the interior... :)

Top Bottom