e30 battery location

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

datsunnismo

Club Guest
hi guys..saw one e30 325 imported model, the battery is at the trunk.what's the advantage and disadvantage if do it to the e30m40?anybody have done it? advice please.........:)

Battery will last longer in the trunk since it won't be affected by heat from engine.

Engine bay will look better aesthetically IMO. :D

The model that has the battery in the booth is 325i only. Reason being is for better weight distribution. This explanation was done in one of the motoring mag.

redbaron;417831 said:
The model that has the battery in the booth is 325i only. Reason being is for better weight distribution. This explanation was done in one of the motoring mag.
....and nothing to do with the lifespan of the battery...it just make you to 'think'so....:rolleyes:

datsunnismo;417914 said:
let say if i wanna do it to my e30m40, what are the parts taht i need? modify?

dont waste ur time and money.....if urs is a m40 engine

datsunnismo;417914 said:
let say if i wanna do it to my e30m40, what are the parts taht i need? modify?

Bro
I have done it, Reason was that in my area Midget batteries which mostly fits in German cars
were not available,the batteries available were high in size. Now i have more space in engine
Bay as it will help me in future. Things you need is good quality battery wire (Little Costly)

The battery sits beautiffuly on right side of trunk as there is hole in which my cars battery sits
perfactly it even doesnt require battery Brakit.:)

fabianyee;418571 said:
Then M42 leh??? :p

if it's an M42 on an e30 registered MV xxxx, then it would be an essential and great upgrade, and the MV can have better handling in Sepang too!! :top::top:

teejay;418590 said:
if it's an M42 on an e30 registered MV xxxx, then it would be an essential and great upgrade, and the MV can have better handling in Sepang too!! :top::top:

U mean there's another E30 with MV xxxx plate running with M42?? oh dear..
Anyway, I have the terminal for the front(from an e36).. Just need the thick cables and battery bracket to mount the battery in the trunk.

a friend of mine got a set from one 325. which include the battery bracket(trunk), and the cable. not sure about the terminal..
but i refused cuz, nothing going to gain and as teejay's advice can use tht money and time for something else.......

thanks TJ, u saved my pocket.

datsunnismo;418606 said:
a friend of mine got a set from one 325. which include the battery bracket(trunk), and the cable. not sure about the terminal..
but i refused cuz, nothing going to gain and as teejay's advice can use tht money and time for something else.......

thanks TJ, u saved my pocket.

money spent on suspension parts will benefit you more, also save you headache of the transplant, as it is not as easy as putting a cable to the rear......more to it then meets the eye.....

fabianyee;418601 said:
U mean there's another E30 with MV xxxx plate running with M42?? oh dear..
Anyway, I have the terminal for the front(from an e36).. Just need the thick cables and battery bracket to mount the battery in the trunk.

ya a few MV registered e30s.....they have a club ....:eek:

there's more to it then the cables and terminals...., we'll talk about it soon.....

teejay;418624 said:
ya a few MV registered e30s.....they have a club ....:eek:

there's more to it then the cables and terminals...., we'll talk about it soon.....

WCP xxxx can join aaa .. M40 ony maaa .. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom