E30 air cond issue

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bimmer9

Club Guest
Hi guys,My AC has been playing up lately, the other day all of a sudden no cold air, but compressor seemed to be working. Took it down to Naidu, he checked it out and said gas empty, possible leak but nothing visible so I decided to top up gas and see how it goes (RM30).That was on the way back from work,after that drove home parked the car and only used it again the next morning and guess what no more cold air again. Plus I can hear a reasonably loud hissing sound from inside the car when I turn on the AC. Didnt get a chance to look under the hood coz I was late for work, jam was bad and even my b*lls were sweating.Any ideas on what could be the prob?Rgds

bro, go to Shell station TTDI; the aircond-man there is Ah Seng. let him have a look.

mizhan: I assume you mean the one next to Lim Tayar, is he good? It'd be great if there was a reliable aircon man in TTDI, super convenient for us who live there. :D

yup, next to lim tayar. i've been going to ah seng for more than 10 years. of course the station owner mr lee kwai leong is also a personal friend of mine.

lee kwai leong.......the rally driver? i sort of recall his name and also remember he drove a Nissan 240RS.

sorry out of topic reply!

anyway, naidu is good and had used him before.

correct jules, 1978 national rally champion. cool old man, diehard car enthusiast.

wow, thats conveniet. Will check it out Mizhan.

I have noticed they have very good business there. Always full.

I usually go to Naidu for his reasonable pricing and work, but quite a hassle to go there leave the car etc.

Looks like quite a few ttdi guys here.

Yeah man same story on the way back home.....lol

This is the 'hate' prt of the e30 love and hate relationship.

Doubt ill be able to send it in until Friday.......so busy at work by the time I leave kedai semua dah tutup
ejfong;576521 said:
pitty u on ur sweating b*lls, anyway hope all works out bro! lols!

bimmer9;576525 said:
This is the 'hate' prt of the e30 love and hate relationship.

But this can even happen to a myvi, proton or any any other cars. Still love E30; my only love and hate would be the rust and dashboard at the moment. :love:

Finally got to sort out my AC. Went back to Naidu since I have been there quite a few times before and am happy with his pricing.

Turned out two hoses were leaking, needed to be replaced. Apparently during my conversion, the other mech ran the hoses underneath which may have caused it to get damaged faster. Naide reckons its best to run it on the top.

He also said my compressor wasn't in the best condition and recommended me to change, but due to my tight budget I told him to service and 'try luck'.

Just drove it back to the office......nice and cool. Will have to see how it goes.

Cheers

one of my hoses burst due to inadequate cooling.

Ended up replacing:

Brand NEW Fan motor: RM 140 (made in Japan, sorry fellows it was there when i got it :smokin:)
Hose 5-6 feet long: RM50
Gas: RM 30-40

month later, it still works, as cool as ever.

The two pressurized hoses that go into the compressor from the cooling coil(if not mistaken). One is for liquid and one is for gas. One of it was RM 60 and the other was RM90. Not sure which ones need to look at the bill again. Gas was RM 40.
Service compressor, O-rings, compressor oil, labour etc etc RM 150.

bimmer9;577375 said:
The two pressurized hoses that go into the compressor from the cooling coil(if not mistaken). One is for liquid and one is for gas. One of it was RM 60 and the other was RM90. Not sure which ones need to look at the bill again. Gas was RM 40.
Service compressor, O-rings, compressor oil, labour etc etc RM 150.

very much reasonable costing!

hi all. i new here.. and btw, i just buy this bmw e30.. need to do a lot of thing on it. but the 1st matter the aircond.. the aircond does not working. so if there any good place for me to send over my aircond for service. i got read n seem u all mention some name. can tell me where exactly the place is. the naidu and ah seng. thx...

Undefined;588057 said:
hi all. i new here.. and btw, i just buy this bmw e30.. need to do a lot of thing on it. but the 1st matter the aircond.. the aircond does not working. so if there any good place for me to send over my aircond for service. i got read n seem u all mention some name. can tell me where exactly the place is. the naidu and ah seng. thx...

welcome to our forum undefined. please make a brief introduction of yourself at the Newbie section. then let's talk about your E30 issues :)

Top Bottom