e30 316i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

beemer04

Club Guest
Guys I know the above car in underpowered but was advised there's is one in immaculate condition who is willing to part the car if the offer is right. Seller have not indicated the price but would be good if all could share your builds on the above models in particularly the engine capabilities, maintainance and the advantange and disadvantage of owning that model etc.BTW it is a 4 door 1992 model!

Buy!buy! buy! after that plonk in M40 1.8 or better still M42 if u like to maintain low road tax and low running costs.

Wat about d power, I have used a 320 e36 no powerlah in terms of pick up what about this 316, izzit a 1.6 or 1.8 engine and what about the bhp?

E30 316i is 1596cc 100bhp , 318i is 1796cc 115bhp
E36 320i automatic of course lah slow off the mark, but is it slow on the run especially pushing from 100 to top end, I dont think so unless the car is running poorly. The e30 316i automatic moving off is more or less the same like e36 320i, but with a manual transmission it would be better but dont expect it to be as quick as a errrrr say CIVIC of the mark. As for me, my car is E30 316i automatic and had dump that stuupiiddd engine because of warping head+leaking internal and now i have an M40 1.8. Ever since i own this car in mid 2004, its moving off i say man, bicycle also faster lah ehhehehe. Thought my auto transmission was sluggish but after i put in M40 1.8, different story happen. My old auto transmission had no fault actually and now moving off kapchai also left behind. On the plus side after using the m40 1.8, my aircon when turn on i don't feel any load restraint unlike when using the 1.6, i think this is due to the 1.8's higher torque.

i too drive an e30 316i (auto) 2 door.... initially the pick up sucks big time... then plug in the chip and fuel pressure thingy.. get more torque... but of course FC went up larrr....

these are the things that you might want to consider:-
1) you can try getting rid of the clutch radiator fan and replace it with an electric radiator fan... get the load off the engine... but not that much of a difference..... :beaten:

2) change to MPI... again not much of a difference... :beaten:

3) change to manual tranny.... some difference there..... :eek:k:

best choise... throw away the m40b16 and drop in an M42 or M44 with a manual tranny..... perfect..... :yahoo:

Originally posted by fabianyee@Apr 20 2006, 12:03 PM
cheap roadtax... :p

if it's good condition.. BUY BUY BUY...
by the way.... 50% reduction in road tax also :p

Top Bottom